joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Weather Discussion

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not a big deal for anyone. However the first accumulating snowfall of the season always brings some excitement. Maybe your daughter will be able to sled tomorrow

I think I'm in a great position to see flakes and a bad one to see anything accumulate out of it other than a trace.  The mastiff is probably better given the relative south/east location.

I think I'm in a great position to see flakes and a bad one to see anything accumulate out of it other than a trace.  The mastiff is probably better given the relative south/east location.

I don't see any real difference between where you are and further east in the interior in terms of snowfall potential. This isn't some coastal system with big inflow...its a post frontal weak wave and the qpf distribution is not packed into some tight gradient.

The only potential for anything a bit non-linear in this is perhaps a little jolt right as it tries to exit stage right for SE areas, but we're splitting hairs here...they'll also "waste" more QPF on rain.

I could see a s coast surprise where pretty much nobody is talking about. They may even see some minor acc and most have rain.

I've been optimistic for a few days, these are my favorite early season type systems for down here.  There's likely to be an area just back from the coast that gets a good burst of snow for an hour/few hours.  Such a tightrope I won't have any confidence until later today that it'll come to pass.  I'm a little concerned the best precip/dynamics may fall just south or SW.

I don't see any real difference between where you are and further east in the interior in terms of snowfall potential. This isn't some coastal system with big inflow...its a post frontal weak wave and the qpf distribution is not packed into some tight gradient.

The only potential for anything a bit non-linear in this is perhaps a little jolt right as it tries to exit stage right for SE areas, but we're splitting hairs here...they'll also "waste" more QPF on rain.

I guess I'm seeing the potential bump in the SE in the wrong light then.  I hope I can report flakes this evening--that would be an encouraging sign for folks downstream.

I guess I'm seeing the potential bump in the SE in the wrong light then.  I hope I can report flakes this evening--that would be an encouraging sign for folks downstream.

It's the lowest levels that are the warmest with this and if we can get precip to come down hard enough, it should cool that down to allow snow.  We'll see.

I can't quote Will because IE 11 doesn't quote on amwx, but I agree.

For us down here it's that little spike at the end, whether it occurs in time and it's cold enough.  I am hoping for Blizz's mood flakes anything more than that is icing on the cake.

I think everyone will at least see flakes...I'd be surprised if they didn't. It cools off very fast and snow growth looks solid, so this will probably be the type of situation where once the sfc gets down to like 36F, it will be snow. Not one of those setups where you have to wait until 32-33F.

As for accumulations, obviously that is tougher. I think many have a good shot as a coating.

I'm confident flakes will be seen. First flakes are always welcomed although driving to a meeting Friday afternoon there were some catpaws during a brief shower.

It's like breaking the ice on the season, First you have an official freeze which occurred for BOS 11/4. Thereafter, freezes come more easily and sure enough unexpectedly 11/5 and certainly this week. Then you have snow.....

I think its similar in summer after the first 80 degree day and then they are easier to come by.

Breaking the ice as we step down.

I'm confident flakes will be seen. First flakes are always welcomed although driving to a meeting Friday afternoon there were some catpaws during a brief shower.

It's like breaking the ice on the season, First you have an official freeze which occurred for BOS 11/4. Thereafter, freezes come more easily and sure enough unexpectedly 11/5 and certainly this week. Then you have snow.....

I think its similar in summer after the first 80 degree day and then they are easier to come by.

Breaking the ice as we step down.

Agree about flakes. May have the old spot light on at 5am tomorrow..lol.

Some really warm water just below the surface of the tropical Pacific. At the least the stronger easterlies weakened a bit and we'll have to see how the circulation recovers post Haiyan. Kind of late in the season to ask for an impact, but less cold water could help with MJO propagation towards the dateline?

Archived