• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
November Weather Discussion

moneypitmike

I dunno -- I've evolved some doubts, and for what I feel are good reasons to be suspect of warm departures. 

First of all ..the sensible tempo/observation of details in the behavior of the warm teleconnectors has muted a little.

Second of all, the EPO in not being well handled from about the ides of October until now. It has been repeatedly neutralized or eradicated into a positive phase state, only to come thundering back ...almost completely blind to the ensembles of either side of the pond.  Looking at the AB phase of the north Pacific, I see future dips in the EPO as more probable than not.  

Thirdly ...well, perhaps first of all part b, the NAO is now got multi-ensemble member support for a negative depature beginning on the 15th of the month.  Erstwhile ... Canada is being charged with cold by negative EPO.  That's a relay there.  EPO to NAO.   

Hope so

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that both the GGEM and GFS model runs as of 12z runs show roughly the same setup with differences in the minute details, and upon waiting on the EURO for some continued support, the Northeastern Pacific Ocean pattern looks favorable for a storm here in the 6-9 day range.  Whether or not it happens or just goes offshore the region time will tell, but models in all groups are beginning to pick up on this signal.  That's the good news, the bad news is that its still a good 6-7 days away from real time, and right now the models aren't picking up on the right details.  THis doesn't mean I think its a good chance of happening, I just think the chances are better than they have been.

EURO at hour 120, look at that PNA (Rockies) ridge, all the way up into Northern Canada.  I think this makes it on the EURO.  At least it digs pretty far south.

Nah, the main energy is cutting off too far south for us...which is ok in my book. That's an extreme southern solution. Given the timeframe and complexity of the setup, there's an eternity for major model shifts.

Nah, the main energy is cutting off too far south for us...which is ok in my book. That's an extreme southern solution. Given the timeframe and complexity of the setup, there's an eternity for major model shifts.

Even if it is too far south for us, the PNA ridging has to be a major plus for a storm.  The tendency for the models seeing the PNA ridge will be to dig the disturbance further south, whether or not it happens in Mid November is a different story.  However the signal is there for some very cold air coming to SNE.

Even though it may be too early to determine the surface high placement as well, the euro shows a banana high over the surface low developing in GA at hour 144.  I think this is a wide right solution, but the parameters are becoming apparent.

Its anything but...

Exactly, mini drills are over, no more two a days. Starting to see the changes in ens modeling we talked about in regards to teleconnections for the end of the month. The transition warm period still on the books but the here and now has suddenly got all our attention. Sometimes in these heavy technical discussions you read across the board the trees are missed looking at the forest.

Same people claimed they have been bored since spring are aggravated theres a threat now I'm confused

Archived