Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
November Weather Discussion

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not lookin like rain to me Mike.

This thing looks like it could happen, track....well thats anyone's guess, right now just hoping for a storm but pretty hopeful. Is that a PNA spike i see for a short time as well during storm.

Looks like it screws Mt. Tolland and GON in CT. 

We should have a new rule that anyone who posts accumulation maps a week out should be banned.  :)

50.0/48

Looks like it screws Mt. Tolland and GON in CT.

We should have a new rule that anyone who posts accumulation maps a week out should be banned. :)

50.0/48

Haha well anyone that puts confidence into the solution being verbatim yes

My point was that this was not a mostly rain scenario (on last nite's run) as you had posted (for your area)

I just want to see the anomalous cold continue to be shown on the models next cpl days, i don't want that backing off.

Haha well anyone that puts confidence into the solution being verbatim yes

My point was that this was not a mostly rain scenario as you had posted (for your area)

I just want to see the anomalous cold continue to be shown on the models next cpl days, i don't want that backing off.

Well it will back off some if you get the storm.  Still looks meh in the 11-15 day.

It may fluctuate a bit as models sometimes will back off a hair last minute, but it should be cold no matter how you slice it.

I mean if nothing else things look like there is increasing chances of things getting interesting for some in New England. I was thinking given Canadian and GFS having something this far out and "Euro's crazy D10" solution that it would re-appear last nite and im glad it did. So when you realize how boring it has been for ...."ever" and how unseasonable cold is being shown and now various model support for "something of a system" that things are finally getting interesting again.

Now wrt that something I'd like to know what some biggest challenges are given the (i assume) model'd fast flow and I'd think it may be getting any shortwave to amplify enough, And if it did amplify , wether it has much room to NOT cut. I guess just watch the evolution of things at 5H.

I mean if nothing else things look like there is increasing chances of things getting interesting for some in New England. I was thinking given Canadian and GFS having something this far out and "Euro's crazy D10" solution that it would re-appear last nite and im glad it did. So when you realize how boring it has been for ...."ever" and how unseasonable cold is being shown and now various model support for "something of a system" that things are finally getting interesting again.

Now wrt that something I'd like to know what some biggest challenges are given the (i assume) model'd fast flow and I'd think it may be getting any shortwave to amplify enough, And if it did amplify , wether it has much room to NOT cut. I guess just watch the evolution of things at 5H.

If I had to guess...I would say the potential for a more eastward solution is on the table, however the ensembles are definitely on board with a storm so that needs to be weighed in.

If the potency of the cold airmass is a lock then this is looking like the most exciting weather we've seen since the multiple cane hits on New England this summer (oh wait...)

Given that the system is a week out we all know changes in track are almost a certainty, just how significant they end up being we will see. If the euro is cutting and the GFS is OTS don't we usually say the truth is a happy medium somewhere in between? Anyone want to comment on the likely factors that'll dictate the ultimate track of this thing?

I told my wife the euro has snow for us verbatim although snow to rain technically. The euro gets her attention now but I told her it's a bit too early to take it too seriously. Point is, we had spring training, we're breaking camp now for some last minute exhibition games before the season starts imminently.

I told my wife the euro has snow for us verbatim although snow to rain technically. The euro gets her attention now but I told her it's a bit too early to take it too seriously. Point is, we had spring training, we're breaking camp now for some last minute exhibition games before the season starts imminently.

Exactly, mini drills are over, no more two a days. Starting to see the changes in ens modeling we talked about in regards to teleconnections for the end of the month. The transition warm period still on the books but the here and now has suddenly got all our attention. Sometimes in these heavy technical discussions you read across the board the trees are missed looking at the forest.

Definitely some more amplified solutions on the the Euro last night...ensembles looked more amplified too though not like the OP. The ensemble mean now has 850 temps down to -8C over SNE leading into the event, which is colder than before...so the confidence in the cold shot is getting much higher....also both the GFS and Euro have a much stronger WINDEX signal than before...they even show QPF over us....but we'd need to get much closer to really think about WINDEX parameters...too dicey to try and pick that potential apart from more than 48 hours out.

Definitely some more amplified solutions on the the Euro last night...ensembles looked more amplified too though not like the OP. The ensemble mean now has 850 temps down to -8C over SNE leading into the event, which is colder than before...so the confidence in the cold shot is getting much higher....also both the GFS and Euro have a much stronger WINDEX signal than before...they even show QPF over us....but we'd need to get much closer to really think about WINDEX parameters...too dicey to try and pick that potential apart from more than 48 hours out.

It will be great if the season continues to have torches get muted and changed to cooler and more wintry.  The alternative is such a let down.

To the here and now, winds have backed to the WNW here after being from the SW for less than three hours.

54.4/52 off a high of 55.8

.04" in the bucket

Archived