• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Winter 13-14' Med/Long Range Discussion

Chicago Storm

True.  For our area I guess I'd call any single system over 3" significant.  I'm not really excited for the next week but I wouldn't feel comfortable going all the way out to the 15th as Chad did.  FWIW, he says it's based on models and analog data.  If he is right, it would kinda stink to blow this much of prime time winter. 

Well you know me...I'm not a big fan. But, he's got his methods.

I'm not saying we're gonna cash here in the LAF...but the period just after the Jan 1 is something to watch to me. Whether it bears fruit is to be determined.  

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed the 00z euro finally shows that 'cluster' of a system on it that GFS keeps showing and then losing....later next week.   It's more east and south then the gfs's depictions but the fact that it finally shows it is 'something'....at least.

long time friend....how is it going? Are you still complaining about everything:)?

U shld change ur name 2 Ja

lol.. :lol:

actually I think JA is just Jk'ing....  we go way back together before sub forum segregation....it was a weenie orgy.  I kinda miss those days.

Back to the 'event' next week.   Blech....here in CMH we don't do transfers, double lows, jumpers, miller B's etc very good at all.  They usually screw us in a plethora of ways.   Show me an evolution to more of a strong digging clipper or a more phased system out of the gulf and I'll start getting excited.

lol.. :lol:

actually I think JA is just Jk'ing.... we go way back together before sub forum segregation....it was a weenie orgy. I kinda miss those days.

Back to the 'event' next week. Blech....here in CMH we don't do transfers, double lows, jumpers, miller B's etc very good at all. They usually screw us in a plethora of ways. Show me an evolution to more of a strong digging clipper or a more phased system out of the gulf and I'll start getting excited.

I thought so but wasnt sure so figured I'd throw it out there. LOL

Yeah, this pattern is totally bleh. I kind of wish northern stream would get dominant at the least so we could get a "better" clipper. Was it 2009 that we kept getting those over performing clippers?

12z EURO is trying to shove my adamancy up my ass.

The PV positioning has been trending further east on most models, including the euro. This allow's the vort max to dig further south over the plains as wave spacing is nicer and there's less shearing from the PV. 12z euro goes negative pretty fast... if trend keeps up maybe we can cash in on some miller B action. Keeping an eye on the kicker scooting along the frame of the ridge, as a trend stronger could spell trouble for a NW shift.

Its still very early to make a call, but it seems like this may be a very spread-the-wealth type winter in terms of snowfall/snowstorms/snow events. Pick your poison aka latitude when it comes to snowcover length, depth, torches, etc...but as young as this winter is, there has been a very generous spread in who has gotten what from different snow events. So many years that is NOT the case.

The PV positioning has been trending further east on most models, including the euro. This allow's the vort max to dig further south over the plains as wave spacing is nicer and there's less shearing from the PV. 12z euro goes negative pretty fast... if trend keeps up maybe we can cash in on some miller B action. Keeping an eye on the kicker scooting along the frame of the ridge, as a trend stronger could spell trouble for a NW shift.

Some of the GFS ensembles are pretty big hits.

Take a look at JB's Saturday summary video for today from the Weatherbell free site. He seems to think that a similar pattern to January 1994 is setting up and is calling for the cold to be centred right over our subforum for the month of January. :snowing:  :shiver:

http://www.weatherbell.com/saturday-summary-december-28-2013

Archived