12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
October Banter and discussion

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty awesome backdoor front... check out the VIS SAT...find the front, lol. 

It must be pretty low level as its not getting past the east slope of the Greens/Berks, and its not getting past the Whites either. 

attachicon.gifvis.jpg

Looking at the mesomaps, check out the temp differences between NW of the Presidentials in NH (Bretton Woods area in the 65-70F range) while SE of the Whites its in the low to mid 50s.

attachicon.gifNNE.jpg

In SNE, looks like its hitting a brick wall on the MA/CT border.

attachicon.gifSNE.jpg

That's a great vis shot.  Glad to be on the right side of that front.  Replacing the deck furniture with the woodrack.

53.9/51

Not quite yet...even in fantasy land there. Maybe by the end of the month we can work some CAA flakes in here.

Last year on this date we had our first flakes in town..

METAR KMVL 121954Z AUTO 34015G24KT 3SM -SN FEW021 BKN048 OVC080 03/M03 A3023 RMK AO2 SNB53 SLP242 P0000 T00331033

Off and on snow showers all day on NW flow... the CAA flakes you mention.

12OCT12B.gif

What a difference a year makes though... Killington was open for skiing & riding at this point last year and I know we had already had two decent snowfalls on Mount Mansfield by this time.

Now its in the 60s and 70s for like the 4th day in a row.

Last year on this date we had our first flakes in town..

METAR KMVL 121954Z AUTO 34015G24KT 3SM -SN FEW021 BKN048 OVC080 03/M03 A3023 RMK AO2 SNB53 SLP242 P0000 T00331033

Off and on snow showers all day on NW flow... the CAA flakes you mention.

12OCT12B.gif

What a difference a year makes though... Killington was open for skiing & riding at this point last year and I know we had already had two decent snowfalls on Mount Mansfield by this time.

Now its in the 60s and 70s for like the 4th day in a row.

Good day for a picnic lunch at 4K ?

Good day for a picnic lunch at 4K ?

Beautiful day up there, right now, lol.

60F, full sunshine, light winds.

Even the folks on Mount Washington appear to be picnicking on the observatory deck...sunshine, upper 40s, and a rare near-calm wind of only 2mph.  Its like the Indian Summer of New England summit weather right now, haha.   Columbus Day Weekend tourists though are absolutely loving it.  Great recreation weather.  You know MaineJayHawk is out there somewhere wandering around the high peaks of NH.

Wait a second, I thought it was heating season with dreary overcast, rain, and temperatures in the upper 40s to low 50s.

On a serious note, what a torch this October has been. NYC is almost +7 with another mild week to come. Just a runaway torch.

Normals are generally 60-65/38-43 across Connecticut now, so we've pretty much locked in a torch for the month.

A 20kt NE wind with drizzle? Yeah I'd say that's cold. Would that qualify as muggy to you?

We've been spoiled lately, probably making it feel even worse out...BOS normal high is 63F and it looks like 61F is the current high. If temps don't drop tonight with clouds and wind, BOS may even be able to pull a positive departure from the chilly day down there.

We've been spoiled lately, probably making it feel even worse out...BOS normal high is 63F and it looks like 61F is the current high. If temps don't drop tonight with clouds and wind, BOS may even be able to pull a positive departure from the chilly day down there.

That's what I mean. We've had no chilly nights at all lately. This wx is horrible just as it is in Spring. Give me 65/35 any day.

Archived