amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October Banter and discussion

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This wx sucks out loud. WHo wants a BDF in October? Save it for the summer. I'd take 70 any day.

i do. Backdoors in The fall are great. It ends that warm nonsense quickly. In April or May is when we don't want them when it should be warm and sunny. Throw on your corduroy turtleneck and watch some college football and a Tigers win tonight. Fans will be bundled up in Fenway as they should be in Oct

I don't want it, we don't need it..It's October..It's fall..Summer flings are over. Get cold, get the heat on, get in cold season mode..Cider, football, leaf blowers, bare trees

It's perfect weather dude. Nice afternoons for outdoor activities, then crisp frosty nights. 4 mornings in a row I've had the defroster and scraper going to clear the frozen windshield.

That's fall being fall...nice afternoons, cold mornings.

It's perfect weather dude. Nice afternoons for outdoor activities, then crisp frosty nights. 4 mornings in a row I've had the defroster and scraper going to clear the frozen windshield.

That's fall being fall...nice afternoons, cold mornings.

It is. Ocober acting as October with a mix of mild days and cool nights. Nobody wants a BDF in the Fall. It does nothing just as it does in the Spring.

Everyone has gone off the fukkin rails. October is winter, snow season weenie roasts start in September, actual real (albeit delusional) hopes of snow from early October on. And leaf blowers? Goa I am not your neighbor although mine uses it. They suck. Whatever happened to rakes?

Everyone has gone off the fukkin rails. October is winter, snow season weenie roasts start in September, actual real (albeit delusional) hopes of snow from early October on. And leaf blowers? Goa I am not your neighbor although mine uses it. They suck. Whatever happened to rakes?

Weenies gonna ween. I have both a blower and a rake...although my blower is electric and much quieter.

It is. Ocober acting as October with a mix of mild days and cool nights. Nobody wants a BDF in the Fall. It does nothing just as it does in the Spring.

We have all of November to enjoy dreary 43F drizzle and showers in front of the fireplace. Why do we want that in early to mid October when we can still enjoy the outdoors like golf, running, hiking, biking...

We have all of November to enjoy dreary 43F drizzle and showers in front of the fireplace. Why do we want that in early to mid October when we can still enjoy the outdoors like golf, running, hiking, biking...

Because in the delusional minds of some, it gives them comfort knowing it's cooler. However, it actually signals the opposite is is usually an indication of a mild pattern or a pattern about to become milder like what we will see next week. Lots of burly men in Saab convertibles blasting Jack Johnson when it's 70.

When you have 2 trees and a postage stamp rakes are fine. When you live in the hills with acres of trees and woods you don't use a rake. Lol . It's backpack blowers and 16 HP blowers on wheels

Probably because I had to work in it. Cut wood in drizzle and see how it goes.

What are you cutting? 

Looking like mid 60's or so most of next week out here.  I don't really mind aoa in October.  Less oil/wood burning and good for yard work.

Bad for ticks though, they're out in force right now. 

I've spent half the day stacking----no doubt the mice in the woodpile and surrounding leaves have filled it with ticks.  I'll have to do my tick check later.  Hate those things.

I do a lot of raking but I have an electric also.  Much quieter and no fumes.  I run a 100' of low guage extension chord even though I know it's not great for the motor.

I started paying for my leaf clearing two or three years ago.  It's a bit pricey, but among the best dollars I've ever spent.

That isn't my def of fall but tit for tat

In the words of Dennis Miller:  "what exactly is 'tat' and where can I get more to exchange?"

53.4/51, dz-

What are you cutting? 

I've spent half the day stacking----no doubt the mice in the woodpile and surrounding leaves have filled it with ticks.  I'll have to do my tick check later.  Hate those things.

I started paying for my leaf clearing two or three years ago.  It's a bit pricey, but among the best dollars I've ever spent.

In the words of Dennis Miller:  "what exactly is 'tat' and where can I get more to exchange?"

53.4/51, dz-

Nah, no cutting..just lawn care.

Archived