• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October Banter and discussion

CoastalWx

When you have 2 trees and a postage stamp rakes are fine. When you live in the hills with acres of trees and woods you don't use a rake. Lol . It's backpack blowers and 16 HP blowers on wheels

Only if you insist on having the perfectly manicured suburban lawn in the middle of the woods.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you have 2 trees and a postage stamp rakes are fine. When you live in the hills with acres of trees and woods you don't use a rake. Lol . It's backpack blowers and 16 HP blowers on wheels

I didn't realize you had acres.  You should clear out some of those trees for more lawn.  You'd be forced to start a second lawn thread to keep up. Better yet, we can start a wood cutting/splitting/stacking thread.

Nope, it's over.

:lol:

I'm a little superstitious about how early I want the cd to come in...last year was a perfect example for Blizz of why early cold can be bad.

It was cold in Oct and Novie with flakes flying and great snowmaking weather at the ski resort...but that seems to be able to only sustain itself so long. The the first like 3 weeks of Dec were an all out torch and snowpack disappeared up to over 3000ft.

I really think mid-November is the perfect time for a cold pattern, not mid-Oct. The 4-8 week period that patterns seem to cycle sometimes really screws us in December when you actually want snow....just for some cold days we want in Oct/Nov.

For the weenies expecting D8-D14 to be pretty cold here all it will take is one cutter to torch us - and at this point I think the ensembles point to that with the core of the chill going over the western GL. 

I agree.  I think we are more inclined to see a cutter type scenario given the look of the pattern and that would mean the brunt of the "cold" will be off to our north and west...however, some of that would certainly slide through once the system slides through but the question would be, is it short term or more long term? 

For the weenies expecting D8-D14 to be pretty cold here all it will take is one cutter to torch us - and at this point I think the ensembles point to that with the core of the chill going over the western GL.

Looks like a pattern that would deliver first flakes to like Chicago or Detroit before New England. No reason to rush into things in October though...just let it play out. I feel like good winters usually start with a Midwest trough in the fall, but I may just be pulling shiznit out of my arse.

Looks like a pattern that would deliver first flakes to like Chicago or Detroit before New England. No reason to rush into things in October though...just let it play out. I feel like good winters usually start with a Midwest trough in the fall, but I may just be pulling shiznit out of my arse.

Let's get some now into Detroit during the alcs.

Yeah I mentioned the other day we could see a yo-yo type deal with a cutter thrown in, but then was violently rebutted by someone telling me it can't happen with a -NAO. :lol:  The heart of the cold will be west, but the biggest thing people should take out of this is that the pattern if handed to us in winter would be a treat. This time of year with whacky wavelengths....it won't act the same way.

got nothing to do with that. There isn't a person that owns a home with a big yard and flower beds that doesn't have leaf blowers. I don't see landscapers using rakes

Lol....bad example. I see nothing wrong with a portion of the leaves staying. Near the house keep it clear but near the woods allow nature to take its course.

Archived