e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
October Banter and discussion

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: I thought the same. Actually, look at the dewpoint differences near and south of the Pike and along the coast. Rather drastic.

We should see a good cool shot move in tomorrow with stiff NE winds. CAA on NE winds will surely make it feel raw. Maybe even some sprinkles to boot.

Some areas could still pull off a 64F or 65F imo. Depends on how much we cool off tonight too.

Just waxed up the truck for the long holiday weekend . 3 day soccer tourney in Death Valley in Windsor. Did work up a bit of a sweat in the dews.

You can always tell the people that are not working outside . When I posted muggy we were taking down post holes from the outside Gardens, although certainly not high dews I was sweating pulling those posts.

Dew up to 60 at BDR but only 18 at Saranac Lake, lol.

Speaking of dews, something odd happened up here in some of the mountain valleys...the dew drop didn't happen in the larger valleys though.

SLK dews went from 30F to 18F between 2-3pm...with a skin cracking 12% RH.

Here at MVL we went from 36F to 25F between 2-3pm and also hit 16% RH.

Meanwhile, BTV between the two sites has dews in the 40s and currently is 46F with RH near 40%.

Speaking of dews, something odd happened up here in some of the mountain valleys...the dew drop didn't happen in the larger valleys though.

SLK dews went from 30F to 18F between 2-3pm...with a skin cracking 12% RH.

Here at MVL we went from 36F to 25F between 2-3pm and also hit 16% RH.

Meanwhile, BTV between the two sites has dews in the 40s and currently is 46F with RH near 40%.

PSF just went to 69/21 last hour. ORE is 73/23 now, lol. But ORH is 66/47 and AFN is 69/36...like those elevated valleys seem to be dropping more.

I think we'll see more sun than anticipated. Inland areas in MA S and W of 495 have a shot. 

Sorry, I lack specifics sometimes.

Yeah it's possible. NAM seems a bit too warm, but inland low elevation areas could see a 64 is there is sun. I just think we'll have stratocumulus and a stiff NE wind as CAA moves in so it will be tough to do.

I don't see any sw winds. I see a strong cold front next weekend with a nice cold shot behind it on the GEFS..and an oozing chill on the Euro

I see what you're talking about but with a cold front in that position you're talking west winds. If anything, the high pressure cell behind it would bring in the colder air due to the wind direction. It's still way too early to pinpoint anything right now, including the timing of the front but I do think a freezing shot is out of the picture. That's just my opinion though.

Yeah it's possible. NAM seems a bit too warm, but inland low elevation areas could see a 64 is there is sun. I just think we'll have stratocumulus and a stiff NE wind as CAA moves in so it will be tough to do.

NAM does run warm. I've also found though that the GFS runs a bit cool sometimes, so we'll see.

Man I love these types of days. Beautiful warm afternoons but chilly fall-like nights. Today almost hit my 40-degree diurnal change temp fetish: 75/36 for the high/low.

After being 75F at like 4pm, we've already fallen 30 degrees, as it's 45F at 10pm. Should be 30s again by morning, maybe the 4th straight frost/freeze.

75 in stowe, damn. Warm!

Yep...with a dew point in the 20s this afternoon, haha. We were warmer than even BTV today...so was even Saranac Lake/SLK at 1700ft where they hit 72F. SLK had that high of 72F and is now already 36F and dropping like a rock.

With a dry airmass, we can sort of torch in the mountain valleys. Something happened this afternoon that caused elevated valley temps to jump up while RH dropped like a rock into the teens. Meanwhile BTV stayed in the 60s with dews in the 40s, while in the mountains it was 70s with dews in the 20s and even teens at SLK.

Archived