• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Autumn 2013 Thread

MaineJayhawk

Can anyone tell me what the 0Z Euro has is showing for us in C/NNE for Wednesday? Reading the SNE thread I know it is west and rain for them but where does the 850mb line run? Hopefully some front or back end snow for me in Central NH.Midnight temp 21.9F low was reached just before 8am 14.2F rebounding to 14.6F now

Rain for all.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We ended up with 3.8 inches by this morning.  This struck me as being very similar to the event from early January of this year which seemed to finally start winter for us in 12-13.  

As to events like this, really good squalls like this seem to me to be more of a 1-2 times per season type event.  Enjoy it when it comes and have the camera handy.

We ended up with 3.8 inches by this morning.  This struck me as being very similar to the event from early January of this year which seemed to finally start winter for us in 12-13.  

As to events like this, really good squalls like this seem to me to be more of a 1-2 times per season type event.  Enjoy it when it comes and have the camera handy.

Yeah I am thankful I was able to get at least some good quality stills out of it. In some ways they can be more dramatic.

Can anyone tell me what the 0Z Euro has is showing for us in C/NNE for Wednesday? Reading the SNE thread I know it is west and rain for them but where does the 850mb line run? Hopefully some front or back end snow for me in Central NH.

Midnight temp 21.9F low was reached just before 8am 14.2F rebounding to 14.6F now

Rain

Can anyone tell me what the 0Z Euro has is showing for us in C/NNE for Wednesday? Reading the SNE thread I know it is west and rain for them but where does the 850mb line run? Hopefully some front or back end snow for me in Central NH.

Midnight temp 21.9F low was reached just before 8am 14.2F rebounding to 14.6F now

One of my favorite bookmarks.  http://www.weather.us/showloc.php?type=forec&city=182488

It used to have the 10 day output, but they reduced it to 4 days, still good for a quick glance.

If people are looking for their own location, go to http://www.weather.us/nav.php?type=forec&map=USA

20F/-2F winds gusting to 36mph

I'm glad I am in London.  I don't like to be that cold with no snow on the ground.  I think this will be the year that we break -20, given how vigorous the cold shots are.  The last time was during the 08-09 winter, where as you noted we got  very cold in Nov.  Alas, that will ruin next years peach crop.  GYX still had a front end dump in the forecast with snow likely Tuesday night, but I guess that will mostly disappear in this afternoon's package.    

Actually I like this.   Very normal for November...close but no cigar.  Text book steady and increasingly intense step down.

I'm glad I am in London.  I don't like to be that cold with no snow on the ground.  I think this will be the year that we break -20, given how vigorous the cold shots are.  The last time was during the 08-09 winter, where as you noted we got  very cold in Nov.  Alas, that will ruin next years peach crop.  GYX still had a front end dump in the forecast with snow likely Tuesday night, but I guess that will mostly disappear in this afternoon's package.    

Actually I like this.   Very normal for November...close but no cigar.  Text book steady and increasingly intense step down.

A bit under 1" OTG here...nothing in Webster?

We picked up an 0.7" today at 1,500ft, bringing the storm total to 5.5" in the last 24 hours (snow began around 6pm last night).

Walking out to the snow plot, put a new bridge in here at Barnes Camp this summer. 

The depth stake is to the left of the tree here.

And we've got a little over 7" on the ground now at 1,500ft...there was about 2" prior to this event, plus the 5.5" and voila.

Gust to 126 on the rockpile. -55 wind chill. :shiver:

Judging by what today felt like on Mansfield, I would have absolutely no desire to be 2,000ft higher in the atmosphere, lol. 

Still getting significant blowing and drifting tonight at home; just took the dog out and its like a ground blizzard with everything from the snow equivalent of dust devils in the fields, snow sifting along the ground when it isn't airborne, and the yard now has little waves/ripples all across it.

Somebody needs to go unfreeze the wind instruments on Mt. Mansfield. Also it looks like there were at least a couple of hours for Century Club attempts on MWN today. That means you have to walk the entire deck in 100 mph winds or greater.

Yeah I heard something happened to the other sensor so this winter we'll have to use the one that freezes up... not stoked on that.  Every time we have rime/snow/ice that thing is going to freeze up.  Ugh.

Archived