joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Autumn 2013 Thread

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This area moving in from the Adirondacks tracking towards the Bolton-Mansfield stretch has me intrigued.  Might be our shot to really whiten the ground as the tenth or two of graupel this morning only shows white on surfaces like the walkway, deck, and driveway.  Slips through the grass though.  Right now, a decent cell looks to be moving down I-89 into J.Spin's area with a core of 30-35dbz.

Nov_23.gif

Just chased that squall that went through South Burlington. Nice vis drop down to 1/2 mile or briefly lower. A quick whitening of the ground for sure. It looked like it was becoming a bit icy as temps dropped below freezing by the I-89 / 189 interchange.

Looks like we have incoming here in Winooski. probably by 6pm it will roll in.

That looks fairly substantial... I see Muccilli issued a SPS for this. 

NYZ028-030-031-034-035-VTZ001>003-005-006-008-009-016>018-232345-EASTERN ADDISON VT-EASTERN CHITTENDEN VT-EASTERN CLINTON NY-EASTERN ESSEX NY-EASTERN FRANKLIN VT-GRAND ISLE VT-LAMOILLE VT-ORLEANS VT-SOUTHERN FRANKLIN NY-WASHINGTON VT-WESTERN ADDISON VT-WESTERN CHITTENDEN VT-WESTERN CLINTON NY-WESTERN ESSEX NY-WESTERN FRANKLIN VT-513 PM EST SAT NOV 23 2013...AN AREA OF HEAVY SNOW SHOWERS AND ISOLATED SQUALLS WILL MOVETHROUGH NORTHEASTERN NEW YORK AND NORTHWESTERN VERMONT...AT 500 PM EST...AN AREA OF SNOW SHOWERS AND ISOLATED SQUALLS WASLOCATED IN CLINTON AND FRANKLIN COUNTIES IN NEW YORK...MOVINGEAST AT 35 MPH.WIND GUSTS TO 30 MPH ARE POSSIBLE WITH THESE SNOW SHOWERS. THE SNOWWILL RAPIDLY DROP VISIBILITIES TO ONE MILE OR LESS. THE SNOW WILLFALL ONTO WARM ROAD SURFACES...WHICH WILL CAUSE IT TO QUICKLY MELTAND THEN RE-FREEZE. THIS COULD CREATE ICY CONDITIONS IF THE ROADSURFACE IS UNTREATED.

Pretty decent band of moderate snow on radar about to enter the VT side of the lake.  This alone might be able to put down 1-2" in the mountains once it hits the Spine.

Nov_23b.gif

That sounds like a sick squall to be under, I hope some of it makes it over the Greens to my location.  We have picked up a light dusting with some light snow showers this evening.

A friend just told me his fire dispatch is reporting cars off the road on I93 in the Lakes Region due to snow squalls going through there currently.  

Well I was a little too excited about the amount by eyeballing. Measuring got me 1.8" in just over 30 minutes. So an overall 3" per hour rate with perhaps 4" per hour at the absolute peak as the first few minutes of the event were light. It is essentially stopped now.

Archived