Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NNE Autumn 2013 Thread

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That product did well for these..even that band near the Lakes region. Looked like a little mesovort on the BTV radar with a finger of SHSN extending E into NH...almost along a weak WF or convergence zone there. Pretty cool.

Pretty much a winter time MCS, with the warm air advection wing and all.

OK, maybe 4k picnic tables are cool.   :bag:

Haha, its cooler when it happens below 1k like tonight. 

But I bet the mountain got crushed in that... if we have picked around 1.75" in the past hour, the mountain probably got 3, haha. 

Anyway, I think this was most impressive in BTV.  Given the fact that they tend to get screwed in a lot of the meso-scale events, and that it hit hard between 6pm-7pm, I bet that had a pretty high impact in Burlington.  Traffic and people heading out to dinner on a Saturday night, movies or other entertainment downtown.  The college kids are probably loving it though, haha.  I used to really enjoy that in college...you get a big squall or snow and everyone seems to go outside and wander the streets downtown.

These obs are worth saving from BTV, too.  Impressive to get the 1/8sm visibility.  Almost case-study type stuff.

Haha, its cooler when it happens below 1k like tonight. 

But I bet the mountain got crushed in that... if we have picked around 1.75" in the past hour, the mountain probably got 3, haha. 

Anyway, I think this was most impressive in BTV.  Given the fact that they tend to get screwed in a lot of the meso-scale events, and that it hit hard between 6pm-7pm, I bet that had a pretty high impact in Burlington.  Traffic and people heading out to dinner on a Saturday night, movies or other entertainment downtown.  The college kids are probably loving it though, haha.  I used to really enjoy that in college...you get a big squall or snow and everyone seems to go outside and wander the streets downtown.

These obs are worth saving from BTV, too.  Impressive to get the 1/8sm visibility.  Almost case-study type stuff.

attachicon.gifBTV_obs.jpg

Maybe even some moisture off the lake too. Sometimes a little moisture is all you need to help things go boom.

Watching that radar, I bet J.Spin took home the gold this evening.  He got what BTV got, but probably a little boost from the mountains and convergence in the Winooski Valley.  We got hit good up here but we were a little north of the best echos that went in that BTV-Waterbury/Duxbury trajectory. 

Looks like we may tack on a little bit overnight as there's still moisture on the radar.  Hopefully can squeak out another few tenths to get over 2" here before the arctic shot.

Tomorrow will feel even more wintery now with the ground covered white for the arctic cold shot. 

Ok so I lied here is one more which I believe this was the absolute peak (no enhancement)

Nice.  And I know its hard for night pictures to do it justice.  It was like 15 minutes of choking snow, lol. 

This time of year even 3/4sm visibility snow seems pretty heavy... but 1/4sm to 1/8sm looked nuts.

Nice.  And I know its hard for night pictures to do it justice.  It was like 15 minutes of choking snow, lol. 

This time of year even 3/4sm visibility snow seems pretty heavy... but 1/4sm to 1/8sm looked nuts.

The peak intensity rivaled the epic upslope on Bolton when I visited that Feb.

The VT State Police facebook post sounds like those guys are busy tonight, lol....

"This is one of at least a dozen cars off the road on I89 in the South Burlington area.

Winter weather is making roads icy and substantially reducing visibility. Please drive carefully & avoid unnecessary travel."

1477933_10151783782952896_250316807_n.jp

Oh yeah I heard sirens all over as it started to wind down.

The VT State Police facebook post sounds like those guys are busy tonight, lol....

"This is one of at least a dozen cars off the road on I89 in the South Burlington area.

Winter weather is making roads icy and substantially reducing visibility. Please drive carefully & avoid unnecessary travel."

That's the problem with these squalls. Many times it's not even enough to cover the road, but enough to land, melt, refreeze, and cause slide outs.

That's the problem with these squalls. Many times it's not even enough to cover the road, but enough to land, melt, refreeze, and cause slide outs.

Yeah I would not have wanted to be on I-89 when vis dropped to 1/8th a mile, lol.  That's like throwing a white sheet over your car and then trying to drive.

Archived