e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The official September Banter thread

Brian5671

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who else has been overwhelmed with turkeys this year?  Starting while there was still snow on the ground, there have just been a ton of them here in GC.  Frequently, stopping the car as families cross the streets.

I had 32 of them outside two days ago....a smaller group walking through now.  It is somewhat amazing that those big gangly things can fly though.

66.5/66 rn- and fog.

Who else has been overwhelmed with turkeys this year?  Starting while there was still snow on the ground, there have just been a ton of them here in GC.  Frequently, stopping the car as families cross the streets.

I had 32 of them outside two days ago....a smaller group walking through now.  It is somewhat amazing that those big gangly things can fly though.

66.5/66 rn- and fog.

Tons of them here too.

Who else has been overwhelmed with turkeys this year? Starting while there was still snow on the ground, there have just been a ton of them here in GC. Frequently, stopping the car as families cross the streets.

I had 32 of them outside two days ago....a smaller group walking through now. It is somewhat amazing that those big gangly things can fly though.

66.5/66 rn- and fog.

I see families of them all over town on my runs. Saw about 20 in a fam this morning along with a bunch overgrown rats(deer)

A weenie went down to Tolland, he was lookin' for some snow to steal

He was in a bind because in the snowfall department he was way behind, he was willing to make a deal

When he came across an old man, bald and running when it's hot

The weenie jumped on an oak stump and said Kevin let me tell you what

I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a weenie too

And if you care to make a dare, I'll make a bet with you

Now you get some good snow boy, but give this weenie his due

I'll bet a season of snow against your soul, because I think I get more than you

The boy said, "My name is Kevin and it might be a sin

But I'll take your bet 'cause you're gonna regret, I'm the best slantsticker there's ever been.

He was in a bind because in the snowfall department he was way behind, he was willing to make a deal

I'll bet a season of snow against your soul, because I think I get more than you

But I'll take your bet 'cause you're gonna regret, I'm the best slantsticker there's ever been.

LOL.. that is awesome.. If my foot didn;t hurt so much I'd have a rebutall..but must get ice

Zac Brown Band actually does a pretty fantastic cover of that song, in addition to Rage's Killing in the Name. But I'm just a yokel from Maine.

The new stuff is all pop. It's not country. There's a reason why it's 90% teenage girls at country shows..

Real country is this.. Country with an edge.

Give these 2 a listen..great songs

Yeah I like STP.

My music taste is pretty narrow. I listen to a lot of classic rock... Doors, pink Floyd, led zeppelin, Beatles, etc.

Springsteen is probably my favorite though.

Also like a lot of jam band stuff... Listen to a lot of phish and that kind of stuff.

What?   No Grateful Dead or Allman Brothers?

66.5/66 rn- and fog.

They're everywhere! They're everywhere!

Including an adult hen being perched in our lilac 6' from the side window, to the intense interest of our small (5-6 lb) young cat, who attends "critter theater" from her windowsill seat throughout the day. My wife and our Lab discovered the flying thing one evening at dusk, when half a dozen or so turkeys erupted from the tree over their heads. Lots of adrenalin.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:   That's awesome!

Joey needs to listen to some Molly Hatchett if he thinks he knows country

I've seen Charlie Daniels twice at the Hebron fair, and he's great, very entertaining. 

Not a fan of old country in general though... I like "modern country" groups like Lady Antebellum, Jason Aldean, Zac Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, Florida Georgia Line, Tim Mcgraw, Rascal Flatts, and the list goes on. 

Take a listen to this Zac Brown Band cover... classic song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8peBbHUJzU

Archived