e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The official September Banter thread

Brian5671

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is for sure. I'm actually come down your way Mon-Wed next week...going to be staying at the lake house in North Woodstock and spending some time in Boston with the girlfriend. Its the only chance I have to get down there before my folks turn the water off for the winter in October. If its sunny, maybe go to the beach regardless of temperature...the water temp is still warm enough. I've been jonesing to go to Misquamicut the past two years.

Will you be able to handle the city?

So much for that dude who predicted 1-2 canes affecting New England this past month.   Hell, no canes anywhere in the US past month...oh well.

-

Bluebird skies out there this AM!   Turned off the AC hopefully for the rest of the season last evening and opened all the windows....got down to 60 here

I think there might be more of a correlation to Atlantic recurves. That supposedly will help produce a -NAO, but we've had quieter seasons and a -NAO winter too.

There is more Atlantic data so its findings are Probaboy stronger scientifically but don't discount the pacific stuff. Brian5671 is the biggest closet snow weenie on the bb...lol.

There is more Atlantic data so its findings are Probaboy stronger scientifically but don't discount the pacific stuff. Brian5671 is the biggest closet snow weenie on the bb...lol.

Yeah the PAC hypothesis correlates to a +PNA. The physics behind it makes sense. Heat transport to higher latitudes building ridges etc. Might not be a total fluke with the -NAO of the 50s and 60s. At least it may have helped sustain it.

Appears to be some high expectations already in this forum. I can imagine this board if we're snowless by 12/15.... :whistle:

I don't understand this post from you! You have been around long time to have experience winters like that. The last two have been snowless and mild in december, and it has not been that bad

I don't understand this post from you! You have been around long time to have experience winters like that. The last two have been snowless and mild in december, and it has not been that bad

I'm ok with it, but there are certain weenies who will freak out if there's not a glacier in their backyard by 12/15.  Hopefully last year will teach folks that sometimes the goods are delivered later vs earlier.

I'm ok with it, but there are certain weenies who will freak out if there's not a glacier in their backyard by 12/15.  Hopefully last year will teach folks that sometimes the goods are delivered later vs earlier.

Which weenies are you referring to aside from Kevin who used 11/1 as the melt down date.

Which weenies are you referring to aside from Kevin who used 11/1 as the melt down date.

I saw several semi-meltdown posts in the first half of 2010 when the pattern got favorable, but we ended up quite cold with little snow. I think some of them were seasonal posters. I don't remember specifics.

But we kept bringing up how we had been spoiled from 2007-2009 in December. Esp 2007 and 2008 with the parade of snow events/SWFE. Last year taught many a good lesson not to throw the towel in too early...to a lesser extent 2010-2011 did. December can be kind of a rough month along the coast if the setups are just slightly off.  

And great winters to follow. Stay on my back friends.....I'll ride you to the promised land.

"I don't know what I've been told but if the horse don't pull you gotta' carry that load,

I don't who's back's that strong, maybe find out before too long...  one way or another"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFNR6Dc9gaY

You'd think they would remember after 2010-2011...we had some horrible weenie meltdowns b**ching about the cold with no snow the first 3 weeks of December 2010.

Some of the biggest meltdowns occurred on Dec 23-24 that winter when the models lost what became the Boxing Day storm. If you read the threads leading up to that storm, there are a couple great meltdowns from the board's finest, before the Xmas Miracle thread when the storm came back on the models.

Some of the biggest meltdowns occurred on Dec 23-24 that winter when the models lost what became the Boxing Day storm. If you read the threads leading up to that storm, there are a couple great meltdowns from the board's finest, before the Xmas Miracle thread when the storm came back on the models.

Look who started the thread and kept the faith.He knows his stuff

That was a good storm that really had a narrow area that did very well. I happened to be in it. Kevin has less than half I think. The fact that I did so well in so many storms that winter where I had no business of doing so probably allows for '11-'12 to happen...lol. He'll feel that sting soon enough.

Archived