• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The official September Banter thread

Brian5671

What?   No Grateful Dead or Allman Brothers?

I saw your question in the locked thread about me losing power.  We were fine--did you lose power?  The storm had formed east of us.  There was a lot of loud thunder from it and we could see the GC strikes off to the east.  We ddin't get a drop of rain from that.  Ultimately, we got .20 from Fri. night through now.  Pretty meh, huh?  Do you have a gauge?  How much did you get?

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw your question in the locked thread about me losing power.  We were fine--did you lose power?  The storm had formed east of us.  There was a lot of loud thunder from it and we could see the GC strikes off to the east.  We ddin't get a drop of rain from that.  Ultimately, we got .20 from Fri. night through now.  Pretty meh, huh?  Do you have a gauge?  How much did you get?

Wow, our power was out until just a few hours ago.  Almost  .8" here!  What a difference a few miles makes.  You must have been righ on the W edge.  We had hours of thunder, the peak burst was house rattling booms.

Wow, our power was out until just a few hours ago.  Almost  .8" here!  What a difference a few miles makes.  You must have been righ on the W edge.  We had hours of thunder, the peak burst was house rattling booms.

WWLP has some video of the damage around Greenfield.  Apparently the S side of town barely even saw rain. 

http://www.wwlp.com/news/local/franklin/cleanup-underway-in-franklin-county-after-severe-storms

Hope it is not a ligament (MCL/ACL). Our lab tore those and needed surgery.

How old is Doppler now? 2?

Post pics of him. He is so cute

He's 5! We adopted him when he was 1 1/2. I'm hoping it's just something he aggravated playing... he was fine last night after the park and only started limping this morning. If it was a ligament he probably would have felt the pain started limping right away.

This was him at the Rocky Hill Dog Park (which is really nice) on Friday.

post-40-0-88869600-1378035791_thumb.jpg

That is like something you see in a movie. I mean it was like God was saying to that driver,"Listen I'm watching you and I'm not happy" Next time the rock rolls over one more turn

You can see a waterfall too on the top right of the video. Wonder if that was natural or just heavy rain.

Over in almost all of those foreign countries I've read that most people drive around with dashboard cameras while they drive.

In Russia that's how they caught that meteorite a few months ago on film.

I think it is mostly taxi drivers and law enforcement. But maybe you are right

That was bigger than Mt Tolland

A weenie went down to Tolland, he was lookin' for some snow to steal

He was in a bind because in the snowfall department he was way behind, he was willing to make a deal

When he came across an old man, bald and running when it's hot

The weenie jumped on an oak stump and said Kevin let me tell you what

I bet you didn't know it, but I'm a weenie too

And if you care to make a dare, I'll make a bet with you

Now you get some good snow boy, but give this weenie his due

I'll bet a season of snow against your soul, because I think I get more than you

The boy said, "My name is Kevin and it might be a sin

But I'll take your bet 'cause you're gonna regret, I'm the best slantsticker there's ever been.

Way too good!!!    :lmao:  :lmao:

--Turtle

You can see a waterfall too on the top right of the video. Wonder if that was natural or just heavy rain.

That's crazy...looked like probably minor flash flooding that turned into a quasi-landslide. That car got tossed by the initial debris but wow at the size of that rock.

Something smaller than that broke off Smugglers Notch up here in a rain event last year, and took out like 10 mature trees before stopping right next to RT 108. It's all about being in the right spot at the wrong time, haha.

That's crazy...looked like probably minor flash flooding that turned into a quasi-landslide. That car got tossed by the initial debris but wow at the size of that rock.

Something smaller than that broke off Smugglers Notch up here in a rain event last year, and took out like 10 mature trees before stopping right next to RT 108. It's all about being in the right spot at the wrong time, haha.

I was reading about the Flume Gorge in NH. There was a big rain that led to a landslide. The landslide dislodged a large egg shaped boulder that was a landmark. It was never found

Absolutely fantastic stretch of weather coming.

That is for sure.  I'm actually come down your way Mon-Wed next week...going to be staying at the lake house in North Woodstock and spending some time in Boston with the girlfriend.  Its the only chance I have to get down there before my folks turn the water off for the winter in October.  If its sunny, maybe go to the beach regardless of temperature...the water temp is still warm enough.  I've been jonesing to go to Misquamicut the past two years. 

That is for sure.  I'm actually come down your way Mon-Wed next week...going to be staying at the lake house in North Woodstock and spending some time in Boston with the girlfriend.  Its the only chance I have to get down there before my folks turn the water off for the winter in October.  If its sunny, maybe go to the beach regardless of temperature...the water temp is still warm enough.  I've been jonesing to go to Misquamicut the past two years.

Best time of year for that. Long walk from Misquamicut to Weekapaug on the beach highly recommended.

Archived