Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pennsylvania Late Summer-Fall 2013

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol the GFS needs to knock it off.  Just kills western and central PA with this. Precip starts moving into southern PA at like hour 156 and it lasts through at least 192. 180-192 especially heavy. Mixing/rain becomes an issue in the Sus Valley. I guess the Euro might not have been as crazy the other night after all. It'll be interesting to see that later tonight. 

Lol the GFS needs to knock it off.  Just kills western and central PA with this. Precip starts moving into southern PA at like hour 156 and it lasts through at least 192. 180-192 especially heavy. Mixing/rain becomes an issue in the Sus Valley. I guess the Euro might not have been as crazy the other night after all. It'll be interesting to see that later tonight. 

Sorry I know its been asked a million times but euro comes out at 1 AM correct. Thanks ahead. 

nice pic Neffy.

big difference in temps for next week compared to this week.

I'm gonna order the body bags, count could be high if y'all are buying into that storm in November. To early in the season to be losing so many of you... :wacko2:

Words to remember gang.....proceed with much caution.

But the weenie in me is pulling for starting w/ a bang.  what the heck!!

I agree with sauss it's either rain or disappears.

There is a really good signal for some nice cold air to infiltrate the area next week, highs in the 30s, lows in the 20s. So, the storm isn't out of the realm of possibility. How much actually falls though remains to be seen.

Per WxUSAF in the MA forum, what the 06z GFS did is probably the least likely scenario. I'm not saying what the 00z Euro did is going to happen. But, I do think getting some snow next week is certainly possible.

nice pic Neffy.

big difference in temps for next week compared to this week.

I'm gonna order the body bags, count could be high if y'all are buying into that storm in November. To early in the season to be losing so many of you... :wacko2:

The bigger factor is how far it's out, not the time of year. There IS definite precedent for snow in mid-November, especially up here. A November 13 snow event would not be extraordinary here. In fact, 7 of the last 10 years has had an accumulating snow event by mid-November, so for us it would be more out of the ordinary for us NOT to get accumulating snow by the time Nov. 20 rolls around. And recent history has also shown snow is possible down there.

All that said, I'd pay attention to it of course but I wouldn't get my hopes up until say Sunday or so. Like you said, maybe wait until 48 hours out. 

There is a really good signal for some nice cold air to infiltrate the area next week, highs in the 30s, lows in the 20s. So, the storm isn't out of the realm of possibility. How much actually falls though remains to be seen.

Per WxUSAF in the MA forum, what the 06z GFS did is probably the least likely scenario. I'm not saying what the 00z Euro did is going to happen. But, I do think getting some snow next week is certainly possible.

See, this is what i too have been saying, huge difference from this week. without that cold air, we'd be talking rain. (even though its still could be rain........am i making sense?)

See, this is what i too have been saying, huge difference from this week. without that cold air, we'd be talking rain. (even though its still could be rain........am i making sense?)

well yeah, you kind of need cold air if you want snow :whistle:

The bigger factor is how far it's out, not the time of year. There IS definite precedent for snow in mid-November, especially up here. A November 13 snow event would not be extraordinary here. In fact, 7 of the last 10 years has had an accumulating snow event by mid-November, so for us it would be more out of the ordinary for us NOT to get accumulating snow by the time Nov. 20 rolls around. And recent history has also shown snow is possible down there.

All that said, I'd pay attention to it of course but I wouldn't get my hopes up until say Sunday or so. Like you said, maybe wait until 48 hours out. 

I agree, my point was being its only November and some people are going off the deep end. my co-workers are already chirping

TWC went whole hog with the moron hype last night, talking about crippling snow next week. That's part of it. 

thats what i heard.

we've been having moderate to heavy rain in the Harrisburg area since about 6am. seems the front is pushing through, looks like we dropped a couple degrees

Archived