Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pennsylvania Late Summer-Fall 2013

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest GFS shows what I think will happen, it gets smushed to the south by the big arctic high, we see our first accumulating snow from lake effect, LSV sees first flurries. Despite what I keep hearing people say, this is nothing at all unusual for November and is a reasonable solution. I hear people even up here think that snow in mid-November is like a Cat 3 rolling up the Susky. 

If the GFS sucks at 0Z I am sure the balloon will finally be popped when 0Z euro packs her in.

I wouldn't get too excited about any run this far out and I wouldn't get that down about it either. The general setup is all models have much skill with at this range. Solutions could pop up disappear then re-emerge. I don't get interested in details until inside 72 hours. I'm certainly not concerned by the gfs being too progressive at this range.

I wouldn't get too excited about any run this far out and I wouldn't get that down about it either. The general setup is all models have much skill with at this range. Solutions could pop up disappear then re-emerge. I don't get interested in details until inside 72 hours. I'm certainly not concerned by the gfs being too progressive at this range.

Sucks snow is so dang hard to get. 

It's not that hard. It will snow at some point just seems hard when u get expectations up with every potential event. It's November 7. Way to early for getting upset over 160 hour 18z gfs runs. Pace yourself or its gonna get ugly by Xmas.

Snow is pretty hard to get compared to rain. We average 30" and thats in a good year. Typically 20ish. That's not that much now. 

How about this storm:

An early season snowfall hit the Mid-Atlantic region on November 6th, 1953. This storm brought 8.8" of snowfall to Philadelphia and is the only accumulating snowfall to hit Philadelphia on November 6th and is the largest single snowstorm in Philadelphia this early in the snow season and the second largest snowfall in November in Philadelphia all-time. Lock Haven, PA had 29.8" of snow from this storm, the largest amount of snow from this low pressure system.

http://philadelphiaweather.blogspot.com/2007/11/november-1953-snowstorm.html

Edit: On this date in Pennsylvania Weather History...
Almost 30 inches of snow fell in Lock Haven, 17.5 in York and 8.8 in Philadelphia. (1953)

How about this storm:

An early season snowfall hit the Mid-Atlantic region on November 6th, 1953. This storm brought 8.8" of snowfall to Philadelphia and is the only accumulating snowfall to hit Philadelphia on November 6th and is the largest single snowstorm in Philadelphia this early in the snow season and the second largest snowfall in November in Philadelphia all-time. Lock Haven, PA had 29.8" of snow from this storm, the largest amount of snow from this low pressure system.

http://philadelphiaweather.blogspot.com/2007/11/november-1953-snowstorm.html

Lancaster got over a foot of snow and it was their earliest such storm on record.

30" for Lock Haven is just incredible.

So uh... GFS wide right eh? Anyone staying up til 1 to slice their throats?

We will see some flurries and it will be cold a few days. Lamez. 0Z GFS then torches life away after the cold moves out. Anyone who actually thought there wad going to be a big snowstorm needs their head checked. Was just fun seeing it, but we all know the end result every time. 

Kind of odd that CTP addressed it on facebook earlier this evening.

There has been some chatter about one of our computer models predicting a big snow storm for the middle of next week. The ECMWF does indeed predict a major storm along the mid Atlantic coast next Thursday, but keep in mind, it's alone among all the models we look at to make our forecasts. However if you like snow, you will hope this one model ends up being right. Stay tuned!

1464659_621154967935594_457948155_n.jpg

We will see some flurries and it will be cold a few days. Lamez. 0Z GFS then torches life away after the cold moves out. Anyone who actually thought there wad going to be a big snowstorm needs their head checked. Was just fun seeing it, but we all know the end result every time.

If it shows ridiculous totals in northcentralpa it's wrong.

Says the guy posting snow maps last few days. 

Getting some light flurries here currently.

Yep. Went through a decent burst of snow on the way in, mostly right before I got to Skytop. 

Archived