• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2013 Pattern & Discussion

LithiaWx

I think you enjoy being a contrarian, don't you? :) You seem to take the opposite viewpoint of MariettaWx (or anybody else who happens to post concerning GA weather recently) pretty much all the time, which is perfectly legal and all. I just find it interesting.

. Yeah, I thought he only trolled during winter!? I see ATL to GSP getting 1-2 inches easily.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of precision, within the last few minutes an explosion of precision drop dropping has begun on radar, and over my house.  The ability of the skies to squeeze the least amount of water out of the clouds, and still have it hit the ground is beyond precise.  My guess is a one drop per square yard pattern.  It dripped all night again last night and after a drippy morning, I had a clear day, yet managed the astounding total of 3 tenths.  That's one night of constant rain yielding a mere .3, followed by another night of near constant rain yielding again a very precise .3 in liquid precip.  While all around me are receiving rain in inches, and multiple inches, and there is much knashing of teeth, we in the cursed lands are dealing with water torture...and agonizing drip, drip, drip of next to nothing, lol.  But, boy, is it cad cool.  I'll take the cad rain dripping as long as I get the cad cool.  We are getting the Nov cad in Aug, so I expect the first freeze in Sept. this year.  I'm ready. T

Speaking of precision, within the last few minutes an explosion of precision drop dropping has begun on radar, and over my house. The ability of the skies to squeeze the least amount of water out of the clouds, and still have it hit the ground is beyond precise. My guess is a one drop per square yard pattern. It dripped all night again last night and after a drippy morning, I had a clear day, yet managed the astounding total of 3 tenths. That's one night of constant rain yielding a mere .3, followed by another night of near constant rain yielding again a very precise .3 in liquid precip. While all around me are receiving rain in inches, and multiple inches, and there is much knashing of teeth, we in the cursed lands are dealing with water torture...and agonizing drip, drip, drip of next to nothing, lol. But, boy, is it cad cool. I'll take the cad rain dripping as long as I get the cad cool. We are getting the Nov cad in Aug, so I expect the first freeze in Sept. this year. I'm ready. T

Lol that sounds like my backyard as well. Areas around have flood advisories and everything while we are just receiving light rain. First freeze in September sounds a bit too early lol. Some trees are already changing colors down here.

When will the first wave arrive ?

south georgia got crushed yesterday and today. you should probably look at a rainfall map. Also you should probably take up any issues you had with those totals or the language regarding the waves with the NWS. Although i do think they pretty much nailed it.

Well after 60's for highs the past couple of days, looks like next weekend we could be seeing the 90's unfortunately. Good news is Fall will only officially be a month away by that point.

And of course the sun angle is getting lower now which makes a late August or September heat a little more tolerable than earlier in the summer.

Well after 60's for highs the past couple of days, looks like next weekend we could be seeing the 90's unfortunately. Good news is Fall will only officially be a month away by that point.

And of course the sun angle is getting lower now which makes a late August or September heat a little more tolerable than earlier in the summer. Also, knowing that fall is almost here makes it much easier to handle the heat mentally I think.

Dog Days weather I was dreading for the up coming weekend just got the boot per Raleigh NWS. Time is running out for any sultry weather lovers out there. We flip the Calendar to September in 11 days.

OTHERWISE... SKIES SHOULD BECOME PARTLY TO MOSTLY SUNNY FROM THE
NORTH SATURDAY AFTERNOON AS A LARGE EXPANSIVE HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS
IN FROM THE NORTH. THIS HIGH PRESSURE IS FORECAST TO BRING DRIER AND
COOLER CONDITIONS DEEP INTO SC/GA BY SUNDAY... WITH THE LOW LEVEL
BOUNDARY BEING DISPLACED DEEP INTO FLORIDA (VERY ANOMALOUS PATTERN
FOR AUGUST). HIGH PRESSURE SHOULD THEN MOVE OVER OUR REGION EARLY
NEXT WEEK BRINGING MOSTLY CLEAR/MOSTLY SUNNY CONDITIONS AND LOW
RELATIVE HUMIDITIES FOR AUGUST. LOWS MAY DIP INTO THE MID TO UPPER
50S ACROSS THE NORTHERN ZONES (LOWER TO MID 60S ELSEWHERE)... WITH
HIGHS IN THE MID 80S SUNDAY AND MONDAY.

Dog Days weather I was dreading for the up coming weekend just got the boot per Raleigh NWS. Time is running out for any sultry weather lovers out there. We flip the Calendar to September in 11 days.

OTHERWISE... SKIES SHOULD BECOME PARTLY TO MOSTLY SUNNY FROM THE

NORTH SATURDAY AFTERNOON AS A LARGE EXPANSIVE HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS

IN FROM THE NORTH. THIS HIGH PRESSURE IS FORECAST TO BRING DRIER AND

COOLER CONDITIONS DEEP INTO SC/GA BY SUNDAY... WITH THE LOW LEVEL

BOUNDARY BEING DISPLACED DEEP INTO FLORIDA (VERY ANOMALOUS PATTERN

FOR AUGUST). HIGH PRESSURE SHOULD THEN MOVE OVER OUR REGION EARLY

NEXT WEEK BRINGING MOSTLY CLEAR/MOSTLY SUNNY CONDITIONS AND LOW

RELATIVE HUMIDITIES FOR AUGUST. LOWS MAY DIP INTO THE MID TO UPPER

50S ACROSS THE NORTHERN ZONES (LOWER TO MID 60S ELSEWHERE)... WITH

HIGHS IN THE MID 80S SUNDAY AND MONDAY.

Even in the short term the temps have been pushed back a few degrees from the forecast made this weekend. My area was looking at 90(s) for highs, now its mid to upper 80s. Seems like the models are having a hard time with this (very anomalous) pattern.

So, all the hype out the late return of widespread heat next week is moreso a Midwedt and Plains event? Tom Skilling is advertising a major pattern change next week that he says will bring heat to much of the nation until after Labor Day. He mentioned how a cooling Alaska and Arctic is flipping the pattern.

So, all the hype out the late return of widespread heat next week is moreso a Midwedt and Plains event? Tom Skilling is advertising a major pattern change next week that he says will bring heat to much of the nation until after Labor Day. He mentioned how a cooling Alaska and Arctic is flipping the pattern.

The 06z GFS Ensemble does build a stout ridge centered over Kansas / Oklahoma by Sun-Mon, but the east coast remains in normal to below normal temperatures with a back door cold front dropping down into the SE as a trough exits off the NE coast.  Thereafter, the ensembles work the Plains ridge into the western U.S. and we get right back into general troughing in the SE.  It simply looks like it is going to be difficult to break down this summer pattern any time soon.

Here's the 00z GFS Ensemble 850mb temperature anomaly map for Sunday, with the blue contours in the SE showing the below normal 850mb temps behind the cold front.

x0hh.png

Archived