joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2013 Obs/Banter/Disco

Avdave

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Local PWSs showing around 2.5" overnight, with most of that coming between 2:00 and 4:00.  Plenty of lightning and thunder to go with it, too.  Dog was unhappy, baby didn't care.

"Congrats" to those who got bulls-eyed last night.  Better you than me.  I saw upwards of 10" in 12 hours with Lee (and around 7" in a few hours in the evening), and I'd prefer not to have something like that happen again.

On my phone - does anything else even remotely support the 100 degrees that the 06z GFS is throwing out for next week?

Euro was warm if not hot as well so there is some.  Could be short lived if that trough develops by next fri.

On my phone - does anything else even remotely support the 100 degrees that the 06z GFS is throwing out for next week?

yes..ENS support it and Euro supports it to a lesser extent....Wed-Fri looks like the target period, though the GFS says we torch starting Monday......we are going to get hot...:(

GFS starting Monday is like

94, 94, 98, 97, 97

Euro is something like

89, 89, 93, 95, 95

ENS is

96, 93, 97, 97, 95

No kidding.  Although my benchmark is 15+ inches over 4 days in Buxton, NC...Nov 1985.  Needed either a boat or SUV with big tires.

2 feet of water in the road will float an suv and if the water is moving can float you into a stream where the SUV can flip.  Lots of drownings occur because people thin SUVs are safer to drive than cars in floods.  Hate to be preaching but......stick with the boat.  Plus you can fish from a boat.

yes..ENS support it and Euro supports it to a lesser extent....Wed-Fri looks like the target period, though the GFS says we torch starting Monday......we are going to get hot...:(

GFS starting Monday is like

94, 94, 98, 97, 97

Euro is something like

89, 89, 93, 95, 95

ENS is

96, 93, 97, 97, 95

Seems to me that heat forecasts this summer have pretty much under performed. Hoping the same holds true for this one.

2 feet of water in the road will float an suv and if the water is moving can float you into a stream where the SUV can flip.  Lots of drownings occur because people thin SUVs are safer to drive than cars in floods.  Hate to be preaching but......stick with the boat.  Plus you can fish from a boat.

Good advice and agree.  In this case it was mostly standing water.

My dad and I did cast our lines from the front porch, for kicks.

Seems to me that heat forecasts this summer have pretty much under performed. Hoping the same holds true for this one.

Even if it does by a few degrees, unless it becomes super dry the next few days its going to be super humid with all the moisture around... so instead of 95/75... it will be 92/75 ;)

Even if it does by a few degrees, unless it becomes super dry the next few days its going to be super humid with all the moisture around... so instead of 95/75... it will be 92/75 ;)

Couldn't that also aid in the development of scattered afternoon thunderstorms? Those were notably absent in the heat waves of the past two summers.

Archived