amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
NNE Summer 2013 Thread

klw

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again like the last 2 days nothing much here. Cell went north through Plymouth and others to my south. About .10" here. One more chance with a cell to my west but its working into an area already worked over. With my 2 week old lawn one .25-.50" saves me many hours of watering. Really hoping for something today!

Chittenden County is going to take the rain award today... they've been a hot spot for heavy precipitation even going back into mid-May.

Another widespread 1-2" across the county today, with generally around a half inch here at home on the east side of the mountain.

Got pitch black in Montpelier around 3:00 or so but all I saw was some rain that came down heavy for a brief time. It was still raining when I left work at 4:30 but was clearing a little. Decided to take a gamble and head to the golf course. Really lucked out there tonight as there was ably a couple of brief moderate showers. Oh and I carded my first ever hole-in-one! The weather kept the crowds down thus keeping my bar tab pretty low.

Man, it's like living in a temperate rain forest around here these days--warm and muggy with daily afternoon monsoons.

Only had a few rumbles of thunder yesterday but had a few pulses of heavy rain late in the afternoon.

Ended up with 0.56 and June now up to 6.08".

:flood:

Got pitch black in Montpelier around 3:00 or so but all I saw was some rain that came down heavy for a brief time. It was still raining when I left work at 4:30 but was clearing a little. Decided to take a gamble and head to the golf course. Really lucked out there tonight as there was ably a couple of brief moderate showers. Oh and I carded my first ever hole-in-one! The weather kept the crowds down thus keeping my bar tab pretty low.

Awesome!!! Congrats! So let me get this straight, you "might" have had one last week when you were playing by yourself, then you definitely got one this time? That's freakin' sweet!

A) We're already at 16 inches of rain for May and June in Burlington. Whoa. And Burlington hasn't even been the hardest hit. I'm sure some places in Jericho/Underhill are close to 20 inches in May and June.

B) We're not done yet. Next 7 days on the GFS show no real change the the overall pattern. The flow around the offshore high will move humid, mosture rich air northwards into our region to interact with waves moving west-east along the int'l border. Woof.  I could see another 3-6 inches of rain over the next week. UGH.

C) Maybe August will be nice?

Just another day for this May/June couplet... I just looked through the F6 climo data for MVL and found at least a trace of precipitation reported on 38 of the past 48 days.  The last time MVL went three consecutive days without at least a trace of precipitation was May 5th through 7th!

Wet, wet, and wetter.

june25.gif

As long as it doesn't catch 2009, when I had at least a trace on 49 of 56 days, June 9 to Aug 3, with 44 days having measurable. July 9-10 were the only consecutive dry days during that period.

Finally got one of the cells at my place after dodging several, small but intense (though modest winds), 0.36", essentially all in less than 10 minutes. I was driving the final two miles on the homeward commute, and had to slow to under 30 - some folks pulled over. Half a dozen C-G strikes well within a mile, one perhaps 1/4 mile away. Month currently at 4.30", and temp is 0.1F below my avg - will likely finish somewhere between dead on and +0.25.

Hit an extreme +SHRA after I left work around exit 17 on I93. It lasted for a good 10minutes. Just some mod/hvy rain here with 0.27" so far.

A pleasant 67.6F off of a high of 76.8F.

Up to 73F here so far for the high but I bet we spike here prior to like 6:30pm with the sun coming out.  Wonder if we can get up near 80F even this evening... its the time of year and airmass that we could still see rising temps for a few hours.

1/3" of rainfall today.

Archived