joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Summer 2013 Thread

klw

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not looking forward to the warm up next week, but today it was a great day for a hike. I took a short trip up the Nebraska Notch Trail.

Nice...perfect day out here. Just got back from a swim with the dog in the backyard river, crystal clear water that's shoulder deep and great to float in the weak current.

Did you hike the Underhill side from Stevensville Road or the Stowe side from Nebraska Valley?

Beautiful evening. Came over to the course to knock a few balls around. My last hole was a par three with an elevated green. I hit three balls. One bounced off to the right, one was short and the third hit the green. I pitched the two up onto the green a grabbed my putter. I got up on the green and only saw two balls. I looked around for the third ball and, to my surprise it was in the hole! Unfortunately, I don't know which ball it was! I either pitched one in for birdie or had a hole in one and I was by myself. Doh! :( Anyway, the wet conditions have really brought the bugs out.

Nice...perfect day out here. Just got back from a swim with the dog in the backyard river, crystal clear water that's shoulder deep and great to float in the weak current.

Did you hike the Underhill side from Stevensville Road or the Stowe side from Nebraska Valley?

The Stowe side (Nebraska Valley) from the Trout Club.

.93 here according to the Davis across the street. It dumped for a short time around 1:30 to end my cutting the grass. Later sprinkles followed by another long dumping at 5:20 or so. More rain overnight. It saved me from watering the hedge plants I am planting.

24 hour rainfall... very interesting spread with the Champlain Valley seeing much less rainfall than the rest of the area.  Not sure if it was just hit or miss, or if there was some downslope component going on there.

Peacham was listed as the highest at 0.85" but I don't see it on the map for some reason.  MVL was close with 0.7".

Everyone is welcome to attend my humidity party.

81/73

Yeah...not much mixing here so dews are pretty high. Even CON and LCI are pushing 70F. 1P1 is mixing out a bit and falling into the mid 60s. Looks like lots of dews/mins in the 60s this week.

Morning discussion said dews would probably be in the mid 60's but Im 82/72F. Probably the 2 good showers, 5am and 10am ish helped raise the moisture. .32" in the bucket first measurable rain in awhile as we missed many showers in the last bout. We will see what happens to the many storms developing in NY state and Vermont. Looking for frequent showers for my new lawn!

Heavy rain falling from these storms... spots west of the spine are already over 1" today in this train of storms, and we've got at least a half inch over here so far.  Probably more.

Impressive lightning and thunder though... no wind but the boomers have been house shaking at times.

June23c.gif

Archived