• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
NNE Summer 2013 Thread

klw

The probability of back to back record months is got to be pretty near nil, but the ducks darn near lined up for BTV.  To come within 0.06 of the records is such a tease.  Just five more minutes of one or two more storms throughout the month and the record would've fallen.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big fail on the rain so far today. I like BTV's disco mentioning the precip split the uprights today...some rain over western NY and then the other area of rain to the SE of the CWA.

That just means it will rain 1.5 inches over night...you can't escape the rain. You can only hope to have a supply of beer in your fridge.

That just means it will rain 1.5 inches over night...you can't escape the rain. You can only hope to have a supply of beer in your fridge.

Right.  Like last Thursday at my place.  Forecast was +RA that aft/evening, ending Friday morning, 1.5"-2" or more.  Had all of 0.28" in the gauge at 7 AM Friday, pure meh.  Then recorded another 1.58" by 9 PM that day, putting me right in the forecast range. 

Cloudy and low 70s in AUG with dew 68, still dry.  Best echoes appear to be sliding south.  Of course, on Saturday I thought things were sliding by to my west, then got 1.75" from 6 PM to midnight.  Patience... 

Missed almost everything yesterday and missed everything today. Just a shower the past hour gave us a T but looks like its about through. Really was counting on the rain for my new hydroseeded lawn but fail day after day. Hoping desparately for at least a 15 minute good shower before we just get in the hot and humid pattern without the risks of storms. Time to go out not and start the sprinklers again.

Last night was the first semi uncomfrtable night of sleep...min was only 69F, but most of it was 70-71F. Luckily yesterday afternoon was relatively cool despite the humidity so the house wasn't too bad. Today should remain in the 70s as well.

Another crap day on tap, Mushrooms are thriving along with the mold & mildew............ :(

Turns out my throat is really bothered by mold spores.

Awesome.

I know I'm supposed to be objective about the weather. But this sucks. This just really really sucks. I'm tired of the rain. I'm tired of everythign being damp. I'm tired of mud everywhere. I'm tired of dank corners and bugs and wet spiderwebs. I'm tired of flooded streets and big ass puddles and not being able to walk anywhere without getting your feet wet. I'm tired of rain on my glasses. Enough with the soggy golf course and mud balls and destroyed shoes from playing the back nine in 2 inches of bog. Done with it.

If July is like June I'm taking august off and going to the desert.

11 AM dews: CON 73, SFM 55 - quite the contrast.

Left the house this AM with moderate RA and 55F, with a raw breeze.  AUG currently upper 50s with NE breeze, ground remains damp so probably some dz around.  As I commented on cocorahs, "What a lovely July day!"

And jzinckgra is exactly right - I'll be whining about the heat this weekend.

Big temp drop. Had all the windows open last nite with temp of 67F. Between 5-7am, temp drop to current of 58F. Damn heat kicked on. Wtf! This weather thankfully is gone by tomorrow, followed by lots of moaning of "it's too hot". :lol:

Yup out of the tropical rain forrest and into the desert heat

June rainfall from BTV....(I was wondering why the Stowe CoCoRAHS number is so low at 6.77", but it looks like that number is missing the last 5 days of the month, so it may be up to 2" too low and would better fit with the surrounding numbers).

I also think that J.Spin's location may have been the wettest low elevation spot in the North Country, with 11.13" of liquid, and it fits with the graph being right along the axis of the Spine where the Winooski Valley cuts the mountains.

""Here are the final totals for the month of June. Amazing amounts, especially near the mountains. Mt. Mansfield had the most as you might expect with 14.06" total, but several locations in eastern Chittenden County reported over 10" for the month. If you would like to contribute your daily rainfall to help make these maps more complete, sign up to become an observer for the CoCoRaHS volunteer network! http://www.cocorahs.org/"

947185_496362483768991_882094311_n.png

Awesome.

I know I'm supposed to be objective about the weather. But this sucks. This just really really sucks. I'm tired of the rain. I'm tired of everythign being damp. I'm tired of mud everywhere. I'm tired of dank corners and bugs and wet spiderwebs. I'm tired of flooded streets and big ass puddles and not being able to walk anywhere without getting your feet wet. I'm tired of rain on my glasses. Enough with the soggy golf course and mud balls and destroyed shoes from playing the back nine in 2 inches of bog. Done with it.

This may be the best post ever! It made my rainy day.

Awesome.

Come on down to Northfieild Country Club.  It is situated on top of a pretty deep layer of gravel and drains exceptionally well.  The only real wet area we have is where the State screwed around with a culvert and left us with a mud bog between the cart path and Rt. 12A on hole #8.  It could stop raining now and in a week and a half we would start to need some rain.

Archived