• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
NNE Summer 2013 Thread

klw

51 here, it is cold enough for me shut the windows and the golden has stopped panting. I doubt we will go below 40 here but brought in the lemon tree and a couple of other plants.

Weather station across the way from us has a dew of 36.7

http://www.nkaf.org/weather/

It also does a sky view camera on its site.

http://www.ameac.com/sbig_image/NSOCurrentImage.JPG

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

attachicon.gif2013-09-06_112233.jpg

• SundayMostly sunny, with a high near 69. Strong and damaging winds, with a southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north 65 to 75 mph.

heavy heavy damage

looks like a mix up to me, winds don't look anywhere close to that on the models

:bag:

It may be my fault. I updated day 3 to put terrain effects into the mountains (given the expected 50+ knots on the ridge lines), and the interpolation tool blew up and put 3 hours of 70 knots and one of 0. Now our database is hosed and we can't update because we're doing a system restart.

At least winds on the rockpile are pretty much correct.

It is going to be a great evening to check out Art Hop in Burlington. Low last night at the airport was 41 which is consistent with lake moderation and a more developed area.

I bet downtown Burlington didnt get below 45F. I liked on King Street/Church St intersection not far from the Ferry Dock where the lake temps are recorded (BTV had a 73F water temp there yesterday), and it would take until like Halloween to get the first frost on the car, lol.

Even BTV which is 3 miles inland is a world of difference from downtown which is waterfront this time of year. J.Spin and I have also observed snow accumulating at UVM on the hill near 400ft and over a mile from the lake, with no snowfall at 150-200ft near downtown. I've also seen BTV reporting snow while its raining downtown.

I bet downtown Burlington didnt get below 45F. I liked on King Street/Church St intersection not far from the Ferry Dock where the lake temps are recorded (BTV had a 73F water temp there yesterday), and it would take until like Halloween to get the first frost on the car, lol.

Even BTV which is 3 miles inland is a world of difference from downtown which is waterfront this time of year. J.Spin and I have also observed snow accumulating at UVM on the hill near 400ft and over a mile from the lake, with no snowfall at 150-200ft near downtown. I've also seen BTV reporting snow while its raining downtown.

Where I live in Winooski is only about a mile from the airport runway and that definitely makes sense. For me I think the airport is more representative than downtown Burlington.

Where I live in Winooski is only about a mile from the airport runway and that definitely makes sense. For me I think the airport is more representative than downtown Burlington.

Yeah most likely... Burlington Echo Center on the waterfront only hit 48F last night.  Probably split the difference between that and the Airport for most of downtown Burlington.  But really, Church Street area and down towards the water probably doesn't have a frost/freeze for like 1-2 weeks after the airport in a climo average.  Its funny to walk around at waterfront park in like late October and see flowers still living when like 99% of the state of VT has dead vegetation, lol.

Yeah most likely... Burlington Echo Center on the waterfront only hit 48F last night.  Probably split the difference between that and the Airport for most of downtown Burlington.  But really, Church Street area and down towards the water probably doesn't have a frost/freeze for like 1-2 weeks after the airport in a climo average.  Its funny to walk around at waterfront park in like late October and see flowers still living when like 99% of the state of VT has dead vegetation, lol.

I definitely noticed the snow gradient when I visited a couple of times before moving from the air on approach. I can definitely see that.

Archived