• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
June Obs.

dsaur

Nice and welcome to amwx! Ya this month and pretty much this whole year has been crazy and the upcoming pattern looks like we may be in for much more rain.

Thank you, and we picked up a bit more rain today from some fast moving storms and looking to add on to this before June is out. After the last few summers here (hot and overall dry) I will take the rain. By the way wanted to leave you with a photo of a severe storm that passed through here today.

post-9519-0-14409700-1372463359_thumb.jp

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge increase in lightening in the last 5 minutes.

Looks like South Raleigh down to Angiers got popped pretty good some serious winds showing up on velocity scans....not to mention a pretty broad rotation just east of Fuquay-Varina, should get some cool pics on WRAL from folks on that.....might even see them issue a tornado warning on it if it tightens up any. 

Wonder if its gonna get me lol.....of course watch it split Greenville....or fizzle 

Looks like South Raleigh down to Angiers got popped pretty good some serious winds showing up on velocity scans....not to mention a pretty broad rotation just east of Fuquay-Varina, should get some cool pics on WRAL from folks on that.....might even see them issue a tornado warning on it if it tightens up any.

Wonder if its gonna get me lol.....of course watch it split Greenville....or fizzle

june 28th.gif

Looks like the line is maintaining or strengthening as it moves east. I'm just east of Fuquay. No strong winds at all here. I was in the northern half of the bowed out part of the storm. Lots of lightening and thunder and heavy rain, but no winds over 20-25 and no hail. Rain is over and there is a full double rainbow off in your direction. Hope it holds together for you. Looking good so far!

We got nailed on it. Very heavy rain and gusty winds. Not much thunder or lightning though it was a strong cell on radar.  Looks like some more storms are coming. I hear the thunder growing louder.

Yep the Mooresville area got nailed yesterday and has got nailed twice again today.

I've gotten .12 since yesterday.

Looks like the line is maintaining or strengthening as it moves east. I'm just east of Fuquay. No strong winds at all here. I was in the northern half of the bowed out part of the storm. Lots of lightening and thunder and heavy rain, but no winds over 20-25 and no hail. Rain is over and there is a full double rainbow off in your direction. Hope it holds together for you. Looking good so far!

Lol no winds over 20-25?

wow, getting crushed with rain and storms here this evening...power is barely hanging on (flickering)

All quiet here for the moment.  You guys are getting pounded.  I hope that cluster holds together as it moves east, but it may dissipate...the atmosphere has been pretty worked over here.

Thank you, and we picked up a bit more rain today from some fast moving storms and looking to add on to this before June is out. After the last few summers here (hot and overall dry) I will take the rain. By the way wanted to leave you with a photo of a severe storm that passed through here today.

Nice pic. Ya we only picked up a tenth of an inch of rain today but looks like more coming in Sunday.

Northern Mecklenburg in NC is just getting hammered.There's gotta be some 3'' totals in there.Another big batch of heavy rain moving in with a flood warning out.

All quiet here for the moment.  You guys are getting pounded.  I hope that cluster holds together as it moves east, but it may dissipate...the atmosphere has been pretty worked over here.

Haven't seen this much rain here in a long, long time.  It's been raining hard for essentially 3 straight hours, and it's still going.  I actually smoked some baby backs this aftn, and just got them finished up as it started to pour.

Northern Mecklenburg in NC is just getting hammered.There's gotta be some 3'' totals in there.Another big batch of heavy rain moving in with a flood warning out.

We're on the northern part of it.  It's been pouring rain for nearly 2 hrs now.

No wind to speak of at all in Clayton when that line passed through. Picked up .38". Kind of surprising this time of night to see that 2nd cluster of storms back around Charlotte expanding as it slides East.

Definitely associated with the MCV feature GSP was mentioning earlier today. I'm in north charlotte right now its has been an absolute downpour for hours. Someone has got to be having some flooding right now.

Had  a foot of rain in the past 30 days IMBY. Pulled 20 gallons of beans last weekend and probably got another 10 atleast waiting on me if I can get to them this weekend. Tomatoe vines are drowning though. Have fun at the beach Jburns, we head down to holden the following week and thankfully not this week.

Archived