CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
June Obs.

dsaur

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thin line with more thunder than rain, and some nice cooling gusts, is passing over/through now.

It's been a gorgeous day, mid-80's and until this last half hour, only partly cloudy.

Here's hoping the rain chases people away from the fishing spots, we're off to go try catching a catfish dinner when this passes over.

Well, ThunderFest ThunderGasm 2013 started out auspiciously enough, but I think I should have mentioned widespread rain in the title, as I was getting .12 here with tons of thunder, while Kyle was getting over an inch :)  I consider the drought still is on over here.  I've been having to water for weeks now, and will again tonight. T

Well, ThunderFest ThunderGasm 2013 started out auspiciously enough, but I think I should have mentioned widespread rain in the title, as I was getting .12 here with tons of thunder, while Kyle was getting over an inch :) I consider the drought still is on over here. I've been having to water for weeks now, and will again tonight. T

It won't rain here. Our force field is activated.

Our atmosphere was not primed for thunderstorms. I think they meant Southwest GA where the good storms are currently.

...ISOLATED STRONG STORMS WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSS INLAND SE GEORGIA...

.UPDATE... THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY OVER THE SUWANNEE RIVER VALLEY WILL CONTINUE TO PROPAGATE NORTHWARD INTO INLD SE GA OVERNIGHT WHERE ATMOSPHERE IS STILL PRIMED TO SUPPORT AT LEAST SCATTERED STORMS DURING THE OVERNIGHT HOURS...WITH A FEW STRONG STORMS POSSIBLE WITH EXCESSIVE LIGHTNING...GUSTY WINDS...SMALL HAIL AND LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL AS THEY DRIFT NORTHWARD AT 5-10 MPH. ANY LINGERING ACTIVITY ACROSS INLAND NE FLORIDA SHOULD WIND DOWN BY MIDNIGHT. OTHERWISE PARTLY CLOUDY AND HUMID AHEAD OF APPROACHING FRONT WITH LOWS NEAR 70 INLAND AND LOWER TO MIDDLE 70S ALONG THE COAST. THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY SHOULD COME TO AN END AFTER 2 AM WITH LINGERING CONVECTIVE CLOUDS TOWARDS MORNING.

Archived