• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June Obs.

dsaur

Wow!  This is some rain!  I've received just shy of 1.5 inches within the last half hour.  Radar shows no signs of letting up either.  These bands are just training south to north over my area.  Is this what it's like to live in Rainforest's locale?  He always reports massive numbers.  Several flashes of lightning recently followed by gentle rumbles of thunder.  I love this weather in the summer...

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raining extremely hard in western North Carolina. Near where Calculus is in neighboring Hildebran, I have already eclipsed two inches of rain since 9:30 p.m. tonight and it looks to continue to add up. I will post a total in the morning.

Average rainfall for June in Hickory, NC is 4.14 inches. I already have just over 3 inches in the bucket for the month and its only June 5! That is hard to believe.

3.36 inches of rain Hildebran, NC. Brings my monthly total of rain over 4 inches, which is the average rain in Hickory, NC for June. More heavy rain is possible today. I am hoping that the storm does not wobble to far west and the bulk of the rain stays east (which is forecasted). We can't handle to much more water.

3.91 inches of rain overnight, and the majority of that fell within a two-hour span.  Wow!  One 10-minute period just before midnight had three quarters of an inch of rainfall.  I now have just shy of 6 inches of rain for the month of June IMBY.  Like WXjordan posted above, that's incredible for the month of June and there are still 25 days left in the month.

Getting ready to eclipse the 4 inch mark since Sunday night here IMBY. More on the way over the next 24 hours. Then some decent shots at afternoon convection espeacilly Mon/Tues, then again latter next week. Should have no problem with June ending up etween 6-10 when all is said and done from where we stand right now. Creeks and Uwharrie river are cresting there banks this evening.

Only 0.17 inch of rain overnight and through this morning.  This rainfall pales in comparison to that which fell on Wednesday night.  Perhaps we'll get some storms to fire up this afternoon in the Hickory area, but Andrea has been quite the boring girl over here so far (not that she was forecasted to do too much).

1.66" storm total so far. It looks as if I am about to add more in the next couple of hours.

2.83"   The largest storm total in quite some time here.  Another batch of rain is moving in from the west.  One hour ago another batch fell apart as it reached me, so I will have to wait and see if I can get over 3" for a total.

Left the 5 inch gauge alone since Sunday night and its spilling over the top. I'll dump it first thing in the a.m. because there are plenty of mor oppurtunities coming up over the next 7-10 days. This will go down as the wettest and coolest spring in my memory. Hope the trend can continue the next 3 months.

Left the 5 inch gauge alone since Sunday night and its spilling over the top. I'll dump it first thing in the a.m. because there are plenty of mor oppurtunities coming up over the next 7-10 days. This will go down as the wettest and coolest spring in my memory. Hope the trend can continue the next 3 months.

I don't know about you but I don't consider June to be spring. June-August is summer to me.

CAE recorded 2.06 for a three day total  :weight_lift:  

I picked up .2 in the last 36 hours :)  MIssed the trop storm, and missed the approaching front.  I'm becoming the King of Missed It!  I've gotten 1.8 for the last weeks of May and all of June, lol.   Wait....why am I laughing??  T

Archived