Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June Obs.

dsaur

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge bust on the forecast high for today. The high was only supposed to get to 88. It's 97 with a heat index of 110!! Heatwave here today lol. So much for the 70% chance of rain.

Lol! Yeah... The NAM had 83 for Columbus today, while the GFS and NWS had 88/89. I went 91. We hit 93. WINNING. ;) haha! But I'm now in Florida, enjoying the humidity and spotty tropical downpours. I forgot how much I loved driving through those on the interstate.... /sarcasm. :lol:

Lol! Yeah... The NAM had 83 for Columbus today, while the GFS and NWS had 88/89. I went 91. We hit 93. WINNING. ;) haha! But I'm now in Florida, enjoying the humidity and spotty tropical downpours. I forgot how much I loved driving through those on the interstate.... /sarcasm. :lol:

I'm driving from here to Charlotte NC on Friday. That's about the time that tropical system will be on land, so that is going to be a long miserable drive.

73 with basically just a lightning storm outside now. Very loud thunder and excessive lightning still ongoing. The rain has finally stopped which I enjoyed every bit of.

06/04/2013 0757 PM

Waycross, Ware County.

Storm spotter report of minor street flooding in

Waycross, mainly in the vicinity of the Fairgrounds.

Huge bust on the forecast high for today. The high was only supposed to get to 88. It's 97 with a heat index of 110!! Heatwave here today lol. So much for the 70% chance of rain.

Damn it's still raining. Flood advisory because 2-3 inches of rain has fallen in our area. Crazy out here for the last hour. Winds have returned also with excessive lightning and thunder.

Oops. lol

Oops. lol

Yeah I didn't read the NWS JAX discussion till it was raining lol. They said that the storms in SE GA would come late in the afternoon into the evening. I just saw storms all over FL and thought that we missed out and it wouldn't rain. Raining again outside with the stratiform rain that is developing behind the line of storms. Lightning and very loud thunder still even though the storm are about 50+ miles away.

Yeah I didn't read the NWS JAX discussion till it was raining lol. They said that the storms in SE GA would come late in the afternoon into the evening. I just saw storms all over FL and thought that we missed out and it wouldn't rain. Raining again outside with the stratiform rain that is developing behind the line of storms. Lightning and very loud thunder still even though the storm are about 50+ miles away.

:axe:

There was barely enough rain to make the roads slick, but wow the light show and thunder.  It's one of those constant growling and flashing storms, more active than most afternoon SVRs.  Amusingly enough, it's only slightly overcast outside.  From the looks of it, I'm getting the north side of the cell, with the heavier stuff passing a couple of miles south of the Tennessee River.

(Florence/Muscle Shoals, in extreme NW AL.)

Does anyone know what happened to Andy Wood, the met. on Fox Carolina News.  I use to see him all the time on the weekends and now I never see him.  Did he leave.

Yeah, and ColdRainStr8CashHomey (his avatar on AmericaWx) hasn't been seen recently either...

Edit:  A Google search can tell you many things.  He's still at Fox Carolina and works the weekend night shifts from 10-11 PM.

Flash flood warning for my neck of the woods was just issued.  That good ol' weather radio totally freaked out my wife from her pleasant slumber to announce our warning.  She really hates that thing, but it did it's job to wake her up and make her aware of the situation.

Monsoon rains outside right now.  Good thing I decided to go ahead and mow the lawn earlier this evening.  It's going to be a soggy few days around here, I believe.  I'll try not to complain because any rainfall is welcome, but this kind of makes it difficult to keep up with the deck staining job I've been working on and planning to complete tomorrow and Friday.

Archived