Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June Obs.

dsaur

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about you but I don't consider June to be spring. June-August is summer to me.

Agreed although the solistice isnt until around June 21st, June/July August are my least favorite 3 months of the year due to my dislike of heat. Atleast in the dog days of August football season is getting under way as well as hurricane season on top of the fact that September is next and usually begins the transition (albeit slow) back toward weather more tollerable. I'd have to say July is my least favorite. After the fireworks it's hot ,humid,mosquito infested and just dead for the tyical sports fanatic aside from the never ending MLB season.

Agreed although the solistice isnt until around June 21st, June/July August are my least favorite 3 months of the year due to my dislike of heat. Atleast in the dog days of August football season is getting under way as well as hurricane season on top of the fact that September is next and usually begins the transition (albeit slow) back toward weather more tollerable. I'd have to say July is my least favorite. After the fireworks it's hot ,humid,mosquito infested and just dead for the tyical sports fanatic aside from the never ending MLB season.

July is just an awful month in terms of weather. Tropics are still usually pretty quiet. Hot and humid weather. Still a while to go before fall and football season. And those annoying afternoon storms that seem to miss more than hit ! I'm like you. I really hate the summer mainly because of the humidity. It plays havoc with my asthma.

I picked up .2 in the last 36 hours :)  MIssed the trop storm, and missed the approaching front.  I'm becoming the King of Missed It!  I've gotten 1.8 for the last weeks of May and all of June, lol.   Wait....why am I laughing??  T

:(   

I was headed to a friends house to relax in the pool, but it looks like there might be a little storm heading in my direction  ;) 

It could be an active afternoon.  One storm just went severe south of Columbia, SC.

Picked up clost to half an inch from that storm with more incoming :D  There is some flooding going on just up the road in North. Here's WLTX's fb link  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151559123243999&set=a.10150895890998999.412475.141205438998&type=1&theater

To each it's own. I think it's remarkable. I don't ever remember seeing a year where it didn't hit 90 or above before June.

If we were to get through all of June without 90, that would be pretty remarkable as only 8% of years since 1950 didn't reach 90+ by 6/30. However, based on stats since 1950, it really isn't remarkable that KATL didn't hit 90 before June. For the 63 years since 1950, only 31 or about half had 90+ by 5/31. (For the fun of it: thank you 1,00 foot elevation. With a theoretical sea level elevation, that % could have easily been closer to 80%.)

You may have been deceived by 2010-2012, which all had 90+ in May. However, 2007-9 were all under 90 for May's highest.

Now, of the 32 that didn't hit 90 by 5/31, 27 (about 5 in 6 chance) hit 90 in June.

There have been five years since 1950 in which it didn't hit 90+ at KATL by 6/30: 2003, 2001, 1997, 1973, and 1961. For those five, the highest in May was 86, 89, 85, 86, and 85, respectively. The highest in June for these five was either 88 or 89.

I still think that keeping June of 2013's highest at or below 91 (not 92 as I erroneously said in this post originally) at KATL will be statistically crucial as far as July-Sep.'s prospects for intense heat are concerned at KATL.

If we were to get through all of June without 90, that would be pretty remarkable as only 8% of years since 1950 didn't reach 90+ by 6/30. However, based on stats since 1950, it really isn't remarkable that KATL didn't hit 90 before June. For the 63 years since 1950, only 31 or about half had 90+ by 5/31. (For the fun of it: thank you 1,00 foot elevation. With a theoretical sea level elevation, that % could have easily been closer to 80%.)

You may have been deceived by 2010-2012, which all had 90+ in May. However, 2007-9 were all under 90 for May's highest.

Now, of the 32 that didn't hit 90 by 5/31, 27 (about 5 in 6 chance) hit 90 in June.

There have been five years since 1950 in which it didn't hit 90+ at KATL by 6/30: 2003, 2001, 1997, 1973, and 1961. For those five, the highest in May was 86, 89, 85, 86, and 85, respectively. The highest in June for these five was either 88 or 89.

I still think that keeping June of 2013's highest at or below 92 at KATL will be statistically crucial as far as July-Sep.'s prospects for intense heat are concerned at KATL.

That seems factual and logical.  Thank you Mr. Spock.  :)

Pick up an amazing .3 yesterday.  Yes, that's right, point frickin' 3 while the rest of you seem to be washing away :)  It is pouring now, so hopefully today will go better, but I have an urgent request to any that may have what they consider a surfeit, send extras my way, please!!!  I'm barely over 2 inches since 20 May while the Experiment Station, a few miles away, is over double that :)

And I've been such a good boy....   T

Archived