• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
June Obs.

dsaur

thought the rain was over so didnt empty the gauge and its overflowing again.  tops off at 6" so have had at least that amount the last couple of days.  close to 3" yesterday/last night with some flash flooding, including a car that was swept away which isnt all that common around here (the people inside were rescued without incident)

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was a very electrical storm. Moderate rain, some blue skies, and some wind, and thunder.

Lucky.  I've seen one flash of lightning all day.

Looking at my GR looks like it's just going to rain for awhile now.  More rain.  Oh goody.  Lol.  The weather gods are lucky I like rain  better than sun :P

Lucky. I've seen one flash of lightning all day.

Looking at my GR looks like it's just going to rain for awhile now. More rain. Oh goody. Lol. The weather gods are lucky I like rain better than sun :P

That was some of the loudest thunder I have heard in a while. Maybe one of the loudest. One shook the house for about 10 seconds.

Totally don't get the reference :P

From the Loaded Goat episode...

Andy - Any phone calls?

Barney - No,  just Old Miss Vickers.  Every time a blast goes off she calls asking if it's Yankee cannons coming down the road

(phone rings)

Andy - Sheriff's office, Yes Miss Vickers.  No ma'am that's just blasting on the underpass.  Yes ma'am we're still holding on to Richmond

Thats always fun...living 1 mile from Ft Bragg, I get house shaking booms daily...but rarely from thunder :(

Lol daily house shaking booms. Nice.

75, very windy, with heavy rain, excessive lightning, and loud house shaking booms. Basically a repeat of earlier, except 20 degrees cooler.

Picked up at least another inch at the house today. That brings the monthly total so far to just over 7 inches. Of course, that's just a guestimate based on the observed size, density, and frequency of the raindrops over the course of the first 10 days of the month. If only I had some sort of precipitation measuring device....

I still think that keeping June of 2013's highest at or below 91 at KATL will be statistically crucial as far as July-Sep.'s prospects for intense heat are concerned at KATL.

Folks,

First of all, keep in mind I'm only a messenger carrying out a very important task. I beg you to put the knives down. Now that we have that straight, things are not looking good unless you want the heat. For KATL, it currently looks quite unlikely that they will be able to hold at or below 91 this week, mainly due to Wed. and Thu. Holding at or below 91 for June would have been statistically significant based on data from 1950-2012 because it would have suggested a good bit higher than average shot that the hottest in July-Sep. would be 96 or lower. Let's see what verifies this week and whether or not you let me live.

Folks,

First of all, keep in mind I'm only a messenger carrying out a very important task. I beg you to put the knives down. Now that we have that straight, things are not looking good unless you want the heat. For KATL, it currently looks quite unlikely that they will be able to hold at or below 91 this week, mainly due to Wed. and Thu. Holding at or below 91 for June would have been statistically significant based on data from 1950-2012 because it would have suggested a good bit higher than average shot that the hottest in July-Sep. would be 96 or lower. Let's see what verifies this week and whether or not you let me live.

. Man , we made it to mid June without a 90 degree day and its been very wet. That's a victory for the South in my book! I think and hope that the soil moisture keeps the blistering heat at bay?!

. Man , we made it to mid June without a 90 degree day and its been very wet. That's a victory for the South in my book! I think and hope that the soil moisture keeps the blistering heat at bay?!

I agree that it is a pretty nice victory. At KATL going back to 1950, only about 1 in 4 years hasn't reached 90 by 6/10 and only about 1 in 5 by 6/11.  It is going to be close today. If it doesn't happen today, it will almost definitely happen tomorrow (6/12). 2013 will go down as having had the latest first 90 at KATL since 2005.

Sunny at 90 with a heat index of 106. I don't know why we don't have a heat advisory down here when the heat index will approach 115. TWC has a high of 100 here today and NWS has 95. I'll go with the NWS since they were correct yesterday with the high of 93. TWC had a high of 98.

Folks,

Folks,

The big Q in my mind is whether KATL reaches 92 either today or tomorrow as per what I wrote yesterday (see above). As of 1 PM, it was 89. At 2 PM, it was 90 but 91 was reached before 2 PM. Because it is still early afternoon and skies are at least partly sunny, I'd say that the chance for the KATL high to remain at 91 is only slim. The good news is that the POP has increased from 10% to 30%. So, I suppose there really is a glimmer of hope. I say keep hope alive but be prepared for the worst as the worst is likely to verify. I wish I had the power to stop the temp. rise!

Folks,

The big Q in my mind is whether KATL reaches 92 either today or tomorrow as per what I wrote yesterday (see above). As of 1 PM, it was 89. At 2 PM, it was 90 but 91 was reached before 2 PM. Because it is still early afternoon and skies are at least partly sunny, I'd say that the chance for the KATL high to remain at 91 is only slim. The good news is that the POP has increased from 10% to 30%. So, I suppose there really is a glimmer of hope. I say keep hope alive but be prepared for the worst as the worst is likely to verify. I wish I had the power to stop the temp. rise!

Did Tony sick his moles on KATL? Do his moles hate the number 92 or something? Holy you know what! It cooled as of 3 PM to 88 with light rain at KATL from the 90 of 2 PM! Also, radar shows scattered showest/tstorms now. I just heard thunder here on the northside. Now that doesn't mean it didn't spike up to 92 briefly at KATL between 2 and 3 PM. I'm waiting with bated breath to find out the answer! I'll know the very important answer within an hour. Also, KATL has lowered tomorrow's projected high at KATL from 92 to 90 and has increased the POP to a whopping 60%! Keeping hope alive but still prepared for the worst news. 92 is a crucial statistical milestone that I'd prefer KATL not hit this month.

Edit: KATL warmed back up to 91 as of 4 PM with light rain being reported again. 92 is evil...stay away! It is a nail-biter! I can't take this kind of pressure. Wow, I need a VERY LONG walk ASAP.

Did Tony sick his moles on KATL? Do his moles hate the number 92 or something? Holy you know what! It cooled as of 3 PM to 88 with light rain at KATL from the 90 of 2 PM! Also, radar shows scattered showest/tstorms now. I just heard thunder here on the northside. Now that doesn't mean it didn't spike up to 92 briefly at KATL between 2 and 3 PM. I'm waiting with bated breath to find out the answer! I'll know the very important answer within an hour. Also, KATL has lowered tomorrow's projected high at KATL from 92 to 90 and has increased the POP to a whopping 60%! Keeping hope alive but still prepared for the worst news. 92 is a crucial statistical milestone that I'd prefer KATL not hit this month.

Edit: KATL warmed back up to 91 as of 4 PM with light rain being reported again. 92 is evil...stay away! It is a nail-biter! I can't take this kind of pressure. Wow, I need a VERY LONG walk ASAP.

Mole induced thunderstorms have kept me under 90 again.  89.0.  Over at the experiment station where they get way, way more rain than I do here, just a few miles away, they got to 90.  So no 90's yet for Tony (currently 81), but then not much rain either.!  As I have calculated using Larry's data, and my own special way of looking at the world, I believe I'm safe in saying I'll see lots of 70's and 80's this summer, but very few 90's, and the sleet storm of the century come winter!!  Life is good :)  T

Mole induced thunderstorms have kept me under 90 again.  89.0.  Over at the experiment station where they get way, way more rain than I do here, just a few miles away, they got to 90.  So no 90's yet for Tony (currently 81), but then not much rain either.!  As I have calculated using Larry's data, and my own special way of looking at the world, I believe I'm safe in saying I'll see lots of 70's and 80's this summer, but very few 90's, and the sleet storm of the century come winter!!  Life is good :)  T

Tony,

Your moles have apparently accomplished the near impossible!! They are an absolute godsend! I eagerly bow down to them. Somehow, a near miracle has occurred. As of 5 PM, the highest at KATL was only 91!! It looks like it hit 91 before 2 PM, just before 3 PM, and around 4 PM. I can't believe that it hit 91 before 2 PM and never reached 92. OMG, is this a great day or what?!

I guess we're not 100% in the clear just yet for today However, the odds are very heavily in KATL's favor to not rise back enough to get to 92 today. I'd say the odds are near 99%. It was 87 at 5 PM and 89 at 6 PM. I'll be monitoring to make sure that that awful 92 that the moles hate doesn't surprise us.

Assuming we get through the next hour or so unscathed, we're still not in the clear yet for this week. We may still have to sweat out tomorrow. As I mentioned, however, there are encouraging signs regarding convection tomorrow to keep the high below 92. FFC had earlier lowered the forecast high for KATL from 92 to 90.

Keep hope alive! I love being a messenger of good news for a change (for those who don't like it hot) as it is good for my life expectancy.

My walk tonight, which is being specially dedicated to Tony's moles, is going to be such an enjoyable one despite the humidity!

Edit: KATL back down to 88 at 7 PM. It looks like the moles have really done it, folks. Wx history. Special mole walk time!

Edit: As of 8 PM, the KATL high remained at 91. One day down and one more to go. I can now safely say that the moles have OFFICIALLY accomplished the near impossible. It is good to be a mole.

Well, Hampton got the hail, from the severe that went by a few miles to my east, and I got the gentle rain I needed, while the Moles banged on the thunder drums.  So all is well here, at a present 79.

The little furry critters are purring and chirping so much from the warm fuzzys you are sending I might not be able to get to sleep tonight, but I'll take the rain, and the not severe, and be content. 

I hope they understand they need to bring the rain to everyone tomorrow, and keep the 90's at bay.  The dry, hot weekend looks dangerous though.  T

87 with a heat index of 105. It's great to have AC in your car and home. Glad to have it. Really hot day today with these dangerous heat indices. Tomorrow may be even warmer with a high of 99 and heat index may approach 115 according to TWC. NWS going with 97. Today the high was 97.

87 with a heat index of 105. It's great to have AC in your car and home. Glad to have it. Really hot day today with these dangerous heat indices. Tomorrow may be even warmer with a high of 99 and heat index may approach 115 according to TWC. NWS going with 97. Today the high was 97.

Ok, MetalMan, time to leave that air conditioned basement and experience some weather.  Get out there tomorrow, and jog, then cut the grass, and go gator rassling!  Feel the heat :)  Embrace your weather!!  T

Archived