Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 2013 General Discussion/Obs

snowlover2

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking of cities near Lake Michigan pretty close to ChiWx, and Gary was the one that came to mind.  I forgot if Elkhart was right along L Michigan, but I think it is, so there's another option.

If I'm moving from LAF just for negligibly better/cooler summer weather...it surely wouldn't be to another armpit in Indiana, no offense to Indiana, but.. Now if winter is factored in, I'd definitely GTFO of LAF and try to position myself in a prime spot for FES.

I was thinking of cities near Lake Michigan pretty close to ChiWx, and Gary was the one that came to mind. I forgot if Elkhart was right along L Michigan, but I think it is, so there's another option.

Elkhart is actually fairly far from the lake. If you're looking for nice variety in Indiana, a good place would be east of Gary in Porter or LaPorte counties...that area averages like 50-60" of snow and can get clobbered with those nice north fetch LES events...plus severe prospects are still decent and you can watch storms roll in from the lake.

1.22"

You should move to the south side of town. 1.8" at ARB. Up to over 3" for the month - already the wettest June since 2010. Wet as 2011 was, June was the dry month that year.

Wyandotte appears to have gotten the bullseye in SEMI - 2.32"

Nicest day so far this year..if you like warm (not hot) and low humidity...  with some breeze (not hurricane)...and sunshine..with a few clouds...  sign me up.

Next week looks to have a nice string of perfect days with temps right around 80F... 

If we go through summer with very few 90F days, i'm all in.

Nicest day so far this year..if you like warm (not hot) and low humidity...  with some breeze (not hurricane)...and sunshine..with a few clouds...  sign me up.

Next week looks to have a nice string of perfect days with temps right around 80F... 

If we go through summer with very few 90F days, i'm all in.

Hitting 90F only two or three days all summer in your climate would be a minor miracle, but it's not out of the question I guess if the warm sector has a tendency to hover around the Upper Mississippi Valley and keep the storminess going on most of the warm days.  Here is another animal, not out of the question to see one or two 90F days at most.

Hitting 90F only two or three days all summer in your climate would be a minor miracle, but it's not out of the question I guess if the warm sector has a tendency to hover around the Upper Mississippi Valley and keep the storminess going on most of the warm days.  Here is another animal, not out of the question to see one or two 90F days at most.

Been a few summer in recent memory when it failed to reach 90° for both of our locations!

Wind increased off the lake today, so it actually sunk into the upper 60s after a high of 70°.

I hear you...its like a broken record...  As long as it stops dragging down day long drizzle events and temps of 60F at noon, i'll be fine with the cooler temps.

I just read out of Fairbanks, AK that they are expecting 90F next week...been 3 years since that happened.  I worked with a guy years ago from Anchorage and i know back in 2000 or 01 he went home for a few weeks and it was 90F or better and everyone was burning up because AC is almost nonexistent up there. 

I hear you...its like a broken record...  As long as it stops dragging down day long drizzle events and temps of 60F at noon, i'll be fine with the cooler temps.

I just read out of Fairbanks, AK that they are expecting 90F next week...been 3 years since that happened.  I worked with a guy years ago from Anchorage and i know back in 2000 or 01 he went home for a few weeks and it was 90F or better and everyone was burning up because AC is almost nonexistent up there. 

It's currently 64/51 in Barrow.  Have they ever had a dew point above 50 before??

I believe their all-time record high temp is 72.

It's currently 64/51 in Barrow.  Have they ever had a dew point above 50 before??

According to this link:

http://weatherspark.com/averages/32906/Barrow-Alaska-United-States

Dew Point

Dew point is often a better measure of how comfortable a person will find the weather than relative humidity because it more directly relates to whether perspiration will evaporate from the skin, thereby cooling the body. Lower dew points feel drier and higher dew points feel more humid.

Over the course of a year, the dew point typically varies from -27°F (dry) to 42°F (dry) and is rarely below -41°F (dry) or above 50°F (very comfortable).

dew_point_temperature_f.png

The daily average low (blue) and high (red) dew point with percentile bands (inner band from 25th to 75th percentile, outer band from 10th to 90th percentile).

So it looks like any dew point over 50 is extremely rare there.

Strong breeze out of the SE there. Bet there's a downsloping influence going on there off the Brooks Range.

Haha, they've had a trace of snow 4 days this month.

7/26/12 they had a dewpoint near 55°.

Archived