Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 2013 General Discussion/Obs

snowlover2

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High 71° today almost complete sunshine all day.

Had some awesome altocumulus blow in late in the day.

Not sure what these clouds are though. Interesting pattern to them though.

994273_10201402667295557_713120586_n.jpg

946427_10201402667615565_1009606889_n.jp

995665_10201402667735568_1276937502_n.jp

7249_10201402667935573_1450500360_n.jpg

Looks like such an Autumn sky in those pics.

Low was 40 this morning. Had to wear a hoodie and sweats for my morning coffee on the deck.

Could use some rain in these parts.

Low was 40 this morning. Had to wear a hoodie and sweats for my morning coffee on the deck.

I'll mail you some :P, we had around 1.75" with the last event and probably looking at around 1" with tonight's event.

For the most part it's been between 50-55° most mornings lately. Really comfortable weather. 

It somewhat looking like an Autumn sky. Clouds associated with a warm front no doubt.

In April and May we got hit by pretty much every system, accumulating 8+ inches of rain both months.  In June the fairly wet pattern has continued, but we are getting missed by everything.  Three widespread moderate to heavy rain events this month have all been total busts for the Cedar Rapids area.  I've only had a little over an inch this month and this week will be dry.

It's been an interesting night of garden variety lightning, marginal wind and heavy rain producing t'storms tonight.  Looks like the third thunderstorm of the night is about to roll through with a briefly training line of storms.

You're about to get rolled up there! Enjoy

Really muggy here after the rain. 71/68 right now

Hope we can get in on some of that t-storm action going on over by Lake Michigan early this morning. Late night thunderstorm complexes almost always seem to hit a wall on their way into Detroit and either fall apart or are nothing but some sprinkles by the time they get here.

We easily pushed an inch of rain this evening.  1 to 2" per hour rates for about 30 minutes a short time ago.  Also allowed our temp to drop into the mid 60s, which is an added bonus.

1.33" of rain at MKE between yesterday and the first hour of today.

Look forward to seeing those 60s later on.

Line looks to drop into Lake County in a bit. Hitting RAC pretty good now.

SWS issued for Milwaukee and Racine counties.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI1250 AM CDT SUN JUN 16 2013WIZ066-071-160700-MILWAUKEE-RACINE-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MILWAUKEE...RACINE1250 AM CDT SUN JUN 16 2013WATCH FOR PONDING OF WATER AT UNDERPASSES AND LOW-LYING ROADWAYSFROM BRIEF HEAVY DOWNPOURS OF RAIN ACROSS SOUTHERN MILWAUKEECOUNTY AND NORTHERN RACINE COUNTY. NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICEDOPPLER RADAR HAS INDICATED THAT RAINFALL RATES BETWEEN 1 INCH TO2 INCHES PER HOUR HAVE OCCURRED OVER THIS AREA....STRESSINGDRAINAGE SYSTEMS.STORMS ARE FORMING ALONG THE I-94 CORRIDOR AND WILL AFFECT THEREGION DURING THE EARLY OVERNIGHT HOURS.DO NOT DRIVE THROUGH STANDING WATER. BE ALERT FOR GREATLY REDUCEDVISIBILITIES WITH THESE DOWNPOURS.$$REM

Hope we can get in on some of that t-storm action going on over by Lake Michigan early this morning. Late night thunderstorm complexes almost always seem to hit a wall on their way into Detroit and either fall apart or are nothing but some sprinkles by the time they get here.

And just like that, it held together but managed to completely collapse just as it was entering Wayne County.

Oh well, it still had a bit of thunder and some heavy rain with it.

And just like that, it held together but managed to completely collapse just as it was entering Wayne County.

Oh well, it still had a bit of thunder and some heavy rain with it.

It was pretty decent here at the airport, knocked me down to 1 1/2SM vis with thunderstorm and heavy rain.

Archived