Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 2013 General Discussion/Obs

snowlover2

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of saturated soils over the MW after all the rain the last few months.  Should take a big bite out of the heat at least for June, if not the whole summer. 

Decent chance for a very active June, too I would think.  This is definitely going more down the path of a '00, '04, '08, and '10 summer than '05, '11, and '12 (key words for those summers, hot and dryish).

Wondering when the storms might fire tomorrow. Disco's suggest morning mainly before the dry slot moves in. Hoping the first day of June isn't rain the majority of the day.

Skilling showing the severe weather threat mainly east of I-57 tomorrow. 

Decent chance for a very active June, too I would think.  This is definitely going more down the path of a '00, '04, '08, and '10 summer than '05, '11, and '12 (key words for those summers, hot and dryish).

Yeah I'm thinking the wet soils will lead to some positive feedback regarding later storm events.  Not really sure what degree that will be, but it seems that wet soils this time of year tend to breed more wet soils, if you will.

We saw much of the opposite last year for awhile with drought breeding drought.

Yeah this time last year, we were getting pretty dry. I don't know if I even mowed the grass in June last year! Maybe I did right in the beginning.

With Iowa soaked right now, any heat dome that builds won't have the same power as the ones did last year. We had already made 97° by this time last year.

FWA's rainfall totals are going to be skewed. The northern 2/3rd's of Allen County has had 2.5"+ of rain per radar estimates with a large swath of 3+ plus. There is some pretty good flash/urban flooding going on in town.

Yet at the airport in southern third of the county, less than an inch has fallen.

FWA's rainfall totals are going to be skewed. The northern 2/3rd's of Allen County has had 2.5"+ of rain per radar estimates with a large swath of 3+ plus. There is some pretty good flash/urban flooding going on in town.

Yet at the airport in southern third of the county, less than an inch has fallen.

Some impressive totals I've seen from Allen County this morning.

LAF bit the dust early this morning, so no accurate rainfall totals there. But the couple of local observers I've seen so far are right around 1.00" total. Which of course, already beats what we saw total in June 2012.  

Some impressive totals I've seen from Allen County this morning.

LAF bit the dust early this morning, so no accurate rainfall totals there. But the couple of local observers I've seen so far are right around 1.00" total. Which of course, already beats what we saw total in June 2012.  

Yes and I'm very thankful. I can handle heat, but do not enjoy droughts.

To expound a little on my post above, FWA officially recorded 1.21" in the past 24 hrs. Meanwhile, some CoCoRaHS amounts from the north side of Ft. Wayne:

4.1 NE   5.35"

2.6 NE   5.27"

5.5 N     4.84"

It's the same over my way. My gauge caught 0.56". Meanwhile, less than 20 miles north of me (around Columbia City):

0.5 NNE    4.73"

3.6 WNW  4.61"

6.6 SSE    4.42"

5.4 N        4.22"

From May 27th through 8am today, June 1st, I have had 1.85" of rain imby (DTW has had 2.05" in that stretch). Its kind of reminicent of the many heavy snow squalls we got in the winter. Absolute whiteouts but at the end of the day, snowfall shows up in the record books as a modest 2" or so. None of the storms/showers this week have been severe here or had impressive daily rainfall totals, but there have been some mighty heavy downpours off and on.

From May 27th through 8am today, June 1st, I have had 1.85" of rain imby (DTW has had 2.05" in that stretch). Its kind of reminicent of the many heavy snow squalls we got in the winter. Absolute whiteouts but at the end of the day, snowfall shows up in the record books as a modest 2" or so. None of the storms/showers this week have been severe here or had impressive daily rainfall totals, but there have been some mighty heavy downpours off and on.

Wayne county/ downriver was in the screw zone for the severe. Just to north it was a different story.

Pretty nice first week (well, 8 days including today's high of 74º) of June in the LAF.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 70. West northwest wind 7 to 13 mph. 
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. North wind 8 to 13 mph becoming light. 

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 70. Light northeast wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. 
Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 48. Northeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm. 

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.
Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 55.

Wednesday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 75.
Wednesday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59.

Thursday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 77.
Thursday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61.

Friday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 76.
Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.

Pretty nice first week (well, 8 days including today's high of 74º) of June in the LAF.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 70. West northwest wind 7 to 13 mph.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. North wind 8 to 13 mph becoming light.

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 70. Light northeast wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 48. Northeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 55.

Wednesday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 75.

Wednesday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59.

Thursday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 77.

Thursday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61.

Friday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 76.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 59.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.

Odds we skate through summer without hitting 100 or a dew of 80?

Archived