12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
June 2013 General Discussion/Obs

snowlover2

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Americanwx forum members like it coldish and snowy, but not the general public.  No, most of the public likes it warmer than average in the winter as well, except for winter weather enthusiasts, and I think many of them want it cold and snowy at their favorite hill or resort but milder in their backyard.

Yes...everything i've seen in day to day life suggests 90%+ of people hate winter in La Crosse (mostly the cold, but also the snow).  Most people it seems prefer warm temps (80F) but start complaining again when it gets above 90F .. more so when its very humid.

Personally i'd take 200 days a year of temps between 70F and 75F..another 90 days of 55F-70F and maybe a month of winter :)

Really nice day today again. Few clouds about, but sun is shining through them. 

Yeah I'd take a bunch of 70-75° days as well. Need some 80s here and there to have pleasant water activity days. 

Americanwx forum members like it coldish and snowy, but not the general public. No, most of the public likes it warmer than average in the winter as well, except for winter weather enthusiasts, and I think many of them want it cold and snowy at their favorite hill or resort but milder in their backyard.

While I will agree that more of the general public dislike winter rather than like it....the ones that do like it like it. This is the Great Lakes not the California mountains lol. I don't think ive ever met a winter sports enthusiaust who dislikes snow in his own backyard.

But on that same note...take out the american weather heat and severe enthusiasts, and most of the general public would MUCH prefer comfortable summer weather than heat and humidity. Note that Fall by far wins as the most popular response to "what is your favorite season?" In this region.

hvy frost again this morning. 32 in the valley I live in. beautiful but cool day so far. no 70's in sight thru mid june.... crazy. in 2 months, the avg high starts falling again :P

Light frost along the shoreline this AM in Acme as I headed West toward Kalkaska the frost built up. To think its June 4th and still this cold it is amazing to me. . Im really starting to think summer might be Canceled up here :lol:

In my opinion its been an absolutely AMAZING start to June.

Come west....

The NWS has 1!!!! ONE sunny day in the next 7...chance or rain every other day then this coming Saturday...give me a break...  Starting to wonder if my fruit trees are going to do anything with all this rain..i would think fungal infections would start blooming soon.

60° for a high today with persistent light showers.  :axe:

Need some more 70s.

I think your/our patience will be rewarded by the weekend and beyond; in fact, 70s look to be the running theme after the 60s will be the running theme this week.  Not a bad start to June at all it looks like; no big heat ridge, yet some nice days and enough precipitation to keep things interesting.

I think your/our patience will be rewarded by the weekend and beyond; in fact, 70s look to be the running theme after the 60s will be the running theme this week.  Not a bad start to June at all it looks like; no big heat ridge, yet some nice days and enough precipitation to keep things interesting.

Yeah this weekend doesn't look too bad as far as warmer temperatures are concerned. Friday looks good too. 

It seemed too much like mid to late April today and on Sunday. Looks like a the main band of rain this evening and then a break for awhile. -4.6° for the first 5 days of June so far.

This has definately been an odd spring/early summer compared to the last 3 years. Extended looks warm, but nothing brutal. Be interesting rolling ahead to see what unfolds this fall/winter.

These last 3 days have been absolutely gorgeous. Mid to upper 70s, lower 80s with a gentle breeze. Farmers are still struggling to finish planting their crops. Yikes. Gonna be a late harvest, similar to 2009.

Archived