Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
June 2013 General Discussion/Obs

snowlover2

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ended up being a nice/dry weekend although today was dam chilly with the wind and clouds.. cheap overnight low of 66 but lower 50's all day.     quick glance at 12z gfs looks nice for a little bit of everything for all. 

sun trying to peak out and winds really slacking off is a great recipe for firing a few steaks on the weber and pop a bottle of wine.

yeah...No AC days yet for me this year...love it, especially compared to how my bills were already looking by this time last year

Dang that's impressive for having a couple days of 90 and some other warm ones. I've used the AC for at least 5 days..   This house heats up so dam easy and I like it inside to where it could freeze the tater tots off a polar bear.    What's been nice about the warm days this yr so far as they haven't lasted more than a couple or 3 days and the dews haven't got too out of control yet.  Hopefully we can keep the death ridge out to the west a majority of the summer and keep the active pattern going leading to some fronts and troughyness to pay some visits.

lol....there have been a few days where I coulda/shoulda turned on the AC but fortunately we get decent circulation in our home with the right windows open at night....and as for the daytime hours on those days?...feet in the kiddie pool watchin' the 2 little rug rats romp around

EDIT:  it also helps when you can see on any given 5 day forecast that any of our hot shots thus far weren't gonna be sticking around...

on sunny days in the summer I like to close my blinds so they point to the ground....and on sunny days in the winter I like to close my blinds so they point at my ceiling...  I have mentioned this to so many people and they think I am nuts and that it doesn't matter at all.... I feel as though it does make a difference...but I am also a little nuts...so....

Just hit 44 here at the house in Gaylord with the late day sun. Had some lake effect drizzle at times throughout the day too. Miserable cold for June 2nd.

Lake effect anything for June is impressive. Sometimes I like those cold drizzling days inside during the summer, cheaper than running the AC and good to get housework done.

Summer 09 carbon copy this year? Probably not as bad, but its definately possible. We haven't had a sunny day for a week now. This cloudy/dismal stuff can hold off until October/November.

A stormier and slightly warmer version of that summer would be nice for many on the forum.  Not too boring, and not torchy for those who are tired of the last three warm summers.

I actually had a sweatshirt on a bit ago while mowing.  Don't think I've ever done that in June.  Was kinda nice though since I got bit less by mosquitoes and gnats.

I will second that about the mosquitoes!! They have been absolutely horrendous here in northern Michigan for the past 5 weeks. Don't exactly know why they're so bad this year, but getting a break from them is a delight (my kids wholeheartedly agree). Already down to 39 here at the house. 

Its gonna be cold. Looking forward to it.

I will be in your neck of the woods this week. Last week I was in East Jordan, Mancelona, Kalkaska, Boyne City, Charlevoix, Torch Lake, Bellaire etc... Love the Boyne City area very nice. Charlevoix is nice as well. Very vibrant area especially this time of year.

Awesome! I love this area in the Spring.

I felt May was chilly but it averaged +2. Definitely going to be a cool week up here....not even hitting 70 for the next week. Stayed in the mid 40's today and already down to 37. Has only hit 80 at my house once so far this year. very chilly along the shore still. stays in the 50's most days.

Archived