joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Memorial Day Weekend Coastal/Snow

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just keep laughing all these threads dedicated to cold weather, yet all 4 majors and most if not all of new england is above normal for May thus far, its like the twilight zone

There is one thread that was started for a cold snap which produced record lows along the east coast and late-season frost/freeze. Where are "all these threads"? How many record highs have we set over the past couple weeks? It has been really nice lately and everyone agrees. We are above normal but it hasn't been in a classic torch way. Its just been nice weather.

There is one thread that was started for a cold snap which produced record lows along the east coast and late-season frost/freeze. Where are "all these threads"? How many record highs have we set over the past couple weeks? It has been really nice lately and everyone agrees. We are above normal but it hasn't been in a classic torch way. Its just been nice weather.

It's discussing Mem weekend wx after all which appears to have a cool start. Not sure what his problem is. Luckily we aren't as wet as earlier feared.

Probably because I've hit 80F only once this year. The weather is nice though, no question. Most of our negative departures come from east winds and precip. The fact that we aren't warmer tells us how nice some of these cool shots have been despite sunshine. Typical cP airmass.

the amount of sun we have had last 5 weeks is amazing, overnite lows must be running sig below normal.

It still amazes me in this day and age and what we know about skin cancer, you go to a beach and there's still people baking out there...

I believe a little sun isn't necessarily bad, but if you look like someone from Jersey Shore you're going a little extreme.

It's the same thing with junk food and smoking though...no benefit to your health and plenty of risks.

Anyways, I'm fine with cool wx next weekend, but I hope it's at least sunny.

He's not very astute when it comes to weather discussion. May 1977 had two epic cold shots and eneded up way above normal for the month. Of course, all anybody remembers May 1977 for is the unbelievable record snowstorm on the 9th-10th, not that is was like a +3 month. :lol:

The one cold thread made was the one Steve started as you mentioned, and it broke a lot of records in the northeast including BDL which had its 3rd latest freeze on record. Model guidance currently shows potential for more record cold next weekend. So there's plenty of reason to talk about it.

I just keep laughing all these threads dedicated to cold weather, yet all 4 majors and most if not all of new england is above normal for May thus far, its like the twilight zone

Bradley is at + 0.2F, not exactly a huge departure and with a record low temperature this week to boot.

The NWS has a p/c forecasted high next saturday here of 61F which is about 9F below normal.

Nice cool shot on the euro.

Relative to the time of year that's cold. Could be more record lows if the Euro is right, so much for backing off the cold. GFS is indicating the same. Frost possibilities then again never plant sensitive plants until after the full moon. Looks warmer Memorial Day itself but man bad timing.

Relative to the time of year that's cold. Could be more record lows if the Euro is right, so much for backing off the cold. GFS is indicating the same. Frost possibilities then again never plant sensitive plants until after the full moon. Looks warmer Memorial Day itself but man bad timing.

I wonder where the cold air is coming from since Canada is done with cold air until September.

Memorial Day morning looking cold too with that sfc high still in place. I've been loving the intensity of these late Spring cold shots in between the comfy fair weather. I would love to see mins in the 40s frequently this summer.

Memorial Day morning looking cold too with that sfc high still in place. I've been loving the intensity of these late Spring cold shots in between the comfy fair weather. I would love to see mins in the 40s frequently this summer.

Last summer was great for that...we had 8 mornings with mins in the 40s last July. Looking back at it last July was awesome with relatively low humidity and days on the climo report like 85/48 and 89/49...I'll take dry heat all summer with 85-90F as long as the nights are comfortable below 55F. Last year's lowest temp was 43F in July and 42F in August...but July averaged lower mins than August.

IIRC last summer saw a lot of cool nights in C/NNE...with a lot more humidity down in SNE keeping mins up.

South Yarmouth

Definitely going to depend on wind direction. If winds are more W-NW then temps will probably be a good 5+ degrees warmer. At least. Euro does try to show more NE winds later in the weekend. My guess is 60s to perhaps 70 if winds stay more NW.

Definitely going to depend on wind direction. If winds are more W-NW then temps will probably be a good 5+ degrees warmer. At least. Euro does try to show more NE winds later in the weekend. My guess is 60s to perhaps 70 if winds stay more NW.

Yeah this sounds good from BOX..I think we'll see the continued backing off of the ridick 850's to something more paplpable..Maybe some frosts in a few bogs and glens or something..but out in the sun a warm feel..with cool nights

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY...WITH HIGH PRESSURE DOMINANT OVER SOUTHERN NEW

ENGLAND...EXPECT A PLEASANT WEEKEND WITH HIGH TEMPERATURES A FEW

DEGREES BELOW NORMAL AND SUNNY SKIES.

Archived