joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Memorial Day Weekend Coastal/Snow

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ensembles look nice and cool too. Just pleasant wx during the day and cool nights. It's Mem weekend, not July 4th.

Yeah not sure where the posts about above normal and beach wx came from. No one ever said that anywhere. Maybe they were referring to low 70's on beach by day we were discussing. Perfect for hanging drinking soccer and tanning

Yeah not sure where the posts about above normal and beach wx came from. No one ever said that anywhere. Maybe they were referring to low 70's on beach by day we were discussing. Perfect for hanging drinking soccer and tanning

That certainly won't happen every day. Monday best chance. 

MEX guidance has no 70s on the Cape..it actually has 59F for a high at HYA on Saturday because the 00z run has a coastal developing along the front. Mid 60s on Sun/Mon.

Crisp airmass...70F is hard to get with 850 temps near or below 0C. Usually reserved for places like CEF/BDL.

Um off the entire land mass of SNE. Nw wind is warming down there

NW wind goes over water on the Cape...you need more W wind there to maximize adiabatic heating. Otherwise its gets offset by EC from the water.

You take 69. I take 70

you'd best hope every piece of model guidance is wrong on the air mass. saturday will not be 70F here under the current modeled set-up.

actually odds are better that it takes a good chunk of the day to clear and struggles to 60F than it being 70F. middle ground 60-65F is way to go right now. 

W - NW usually is downslope flow here. though NW tends to keep PVC area cooler. but W or NW is good from CHH westward.

From my days in Yarmouth playing golf, it seemed like 320 was kind of a cutoff. If the wind was west of 320, then it was a lot warmer.

But yeah, the biggest problem for getting 70F this weekend is not the water, its the airmass that does not support 70F unless you are in an enhanced downslope region like BDL/CEF where you might barely squeak it out.

From my days in Yarmouth playing golf, it seemed like 320 was kind of a cutoff. If the wind was west of 320, then it was a lot warmer.

yeah i think it really depends on what kind of airmass and what time of year too. CCB is so shallow and mild by mid-summer onward that NW can scorch right to the elbow. earlier in the season it's a cooler breeze. bunch of different factors. 

yeah i think it really depends on what kind of airmass and what time of year too. CCB is so shallow and mild by mid-summer onward that NW can scorch right to the elbow. earlier in the season it's a cooler breeze. bunch of different factors. 

Yeah, the effects were def more pronounced in the spring and into the first half of June vs later on in the summer from my memory. Sometimes you'd be driving on Rt 6 and at exit 5 the temp would be 73F and then by exit 8 it would be 63F...but in mid-summer it probably has much less influence since that water heats up so quickly as you mentioned.

Regardless...good luck getting 70F temps with 850mb temps around 0C. :lol:

Archived