Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tornadic cell has produced at almost a crazy/even radius all along from west of the KFWS radar site down to due south and is now ramping E/NE - almost along the same arc. This is a crazy track.

It honestly looks like the Cleburne tornado (Or at least the cell) had a U-shaped path. Bizarre.

FWD continues Tornado Warning for Ellis, Hill, Johnson [TX] till 10:30 PM CDT ...AT 953 PM CDT...STORM SPOTTERS AND DOPPLER RADAR OBSERVED A TORNADO. THIS TORNADO WAS LOCATED 6 MILES SOUTHEAST OF KEENE...MOVING EAST AT 5 MPH. THIS TORNADO WAS OBSERVED ON FARM TO MARKET 4 NEAR 136. THIS IS ALMOST DIRECTLY IN BETWEEN CLEBURNE AND GRANDVIEW. THIS IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO...IF YOU ARE IN ITS PATH...TAKE COVER IMMEDIATELY TO PROTECT YOUR LIFE! THIS IS THE SAME STORM THAT HAS CAUSED SERIOUS INJURIES IN HOOD COUNTY AND AROUND CLEBURNE.

I mean - this cell headed at two cities (Cleburne and Rio Vista) and literally navigated AROUND them despite what the track was suggesting it would do... it's almost like this thing is gravitating towards the biggest body of water it can find?

Lake Granbury... then Lake Pat Cleburne... now almost stationary around Alvarado Lake...

If it makes it past Alvarado Lake and re-cycles, Dallas might be under the gun.

guys, you don't want to take a look out by pecan plantation, because it looks like a new tornado may be forming out that way.

Wow, you're not kidding; hook beginning to form slightly NW of Pecan Plantation... 

guys, you don't want to take a look out by pecan plantation, because it looks like a new tornado may be forming out that way.

Saw that... That would be an awful situation if another tornado were to hit pecan plantation...

Two fatalities confirmed by a Hood county official and scanner was mentioning bodies again. 

This has been one heck of a night, but I have to take a break. Definitely didn't expect to see strong tornadoes when I logged on earlier and I hope this weekend doesn't over perform like this either. 

Thoughts go out to those affected. 

Loop courtesy Nick Nolte...

animation.gif

Not sure what happened here, but my best guess is that when the Tor warned cell moved north one of two things happened or both.  It moved into a area of heavy rain that had stabilized the column, or the updraft was undercut, I suspect it was a combo of both. 

Perhaps a small tornado right at the turn of the 11PM hour near Highland Park in Downtown Dallas? The squall line formed a notch and strengthened before occluding. It only lasted around 3 minutes. Got it on TDAL TDWR, it would of been missed by the 5 min scan of KFWS.

post-741-0-10686800-1368678005_thumb.jpg

Perhaps a small tornado right at the turn of the 11PM hour near Highland Park in Downtown Dallas? The squall line formed a notch and strengthened before occluding. It only lasted around 3 minutes. Got it on TDAL TDWR, it would of been missed by the 5 min scan of KFWS.

attachicon.gif2013-05-15_0402_HighlandParkTor.JPG

Good catch... did you check the scanners to cross reference any reports of damage?

Not to get ahead of myself, but the 00z GFS looks awfully favorable in KS on Sunday, perhaps OK as well although capping may be a bit more of an issue down there. The wind fields in KS now look just as favorable as further south with a even a bit more instability thanks to the mid level cold pocket overlapping more of the warm sector.

Not to mention the fact that Monday continues to hold potential further east and for perhaps another round in the Plains with the second jet streak.

Archived