SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 4-6 SE Soaker, Discussion & OBS....

NavarreDon

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of 6pm, crossed the 5" storm total for rain. Still have wrap around rains on radar.

Since onset of rain Friday night, I have had 2.75" in my rain gauge here in Madison, AL. Possible another 1-2" before all is over.

Finished with 3.47" here. It's amazing how much water there is standing. After the 3" last weekend and now this, everything is green and all local lakes are full or running over. Lots of debris on the roads today with some parts washed out.  Definetly don't miss the drought! :maphot:

The 18Z Hi-Res NAM model shows a relative lull in the precip overnight for the majority of NC and then the action picks up again later tomorrow afternoon.  This model is then quite bullish on active, unsettled weather through Thursday.  So, it looks like we'll get a brief respite before more rains (and possible storms) arrive tomorrow through Thursday.  This week should definitely produce more precipitation, of generous amounts, and not just for the western half of the state:

L41GdIM.gif

The 18Z Hi-Res NAM model shows a relative lull in the precip overnight for the majority of NC and then the action picks up again later tomorrow afternoon.  This model is then quite bullish on active, unsettled weather through Thursday.  So, it looks like we'll get a brief respite before more rains (and possible storms) arrive tomorrow through Thursday.  This week should definitely produce more precipitation, of generous amounts, and not just for the western half of the state:

L41GdIM.gif

When is that model not generating abundant precip?

With the a clear sky this evening I thought the temp would drop off pretty fast but wow did it really drop. Down to 41 degrees right know. Makes me wonder if we can get some showers breaking out if the higher elevations could see some snow.

apparently some mountain got snow yesterday. winter weather in may? hopefully the rest of this summer is below average  :) 

apparently some mountain got snow yesterday. winter weather in may? hopefully the rest of this summer is below average   :)

Ya mikegold posted a link in the mountains thread about a skiff of snow up there and some snow up a beech mountain also. Ya crazy stuff for sure at this time of the year. We have dropped to 38 degrees right know which is crazy. Our average low is 52 degree. Our recent highs have been in the upper 40s at the house lately. I do love this weather.

No snow down here, but it was 39 at 6:30 this morning. Creeks are still high, and NC 9 between Black Mountain and Lake Lure is closed, as well as US 74A between Bat Cave and the Continental Divide. Rock and mud slides are the culprits. When I-40 westbound was closed Sunday night, the only way to Asheville was through Hendersonville, quite a detour.....

Here's a pic from yesterday when the sun reappeared after three days, and one from this morning of Wolf Pen Mountain at sunrise. So green....

post-8754-0-98218800-1367926877_thumb.jp

post-8754-0-14176100-1367926906_thumb.jp

Very dark clouds with lightning approaching from the northwest. Very unusual sight with the sun still out here at the house. 62 degrees.

Beautiful pics up that way! Ya this has been a very impressive run of cold from about March onward. We had a low this morning of 37 and rain has started back this evening with a temp of 54 degrees. our average low for this time of the year is 52.

Looks like 4.79 was the official storm total at the airport. Radar indicates that most of the northern part of the county got between 6-8 inches total. The monthly average is 4.10 so it can be dry for the rest of the month as far as I'm concerned.

It's been a while since I posted due to a lot of bad health issues but I ended up with 3.65 inches. And of course it's been very wet here for quite some time. It's just amazing to me, after so many years of drought to see water coming out of the ground and making it's way down the driveway and to see what used to be small streams that always ran when I was little, then dried up for  years...now running again.

Even more strange and bizarre is to see my bigger lake not only full but a bit out of it's banks. It's been years to see it so full/over it's banks (2004/2005(?) when we had all those hurricanes and so forth) so it is just absolutely bizarre. incredible, and wonderful to see it so full. Keep in mind that it's been nothing but a large and dirty mud puddle..(down god knows how many feet and something like 100 feet from it's banks) for years and years. Now it's clear and, again,full.

However, to say it's nice to see all of this is an understatement. Not to mention so much green grass after it being so brown for so many years.  I know the cows love it lol

It's been a while since I posted due to a lot of bad health issues but I ended up with 3.65 inches. And of course it's been very wet here for quite some time. It's just amazing to me, after so many years of drought to see water coming out of the ground and making it's way down the driveway and to see what used to be small streams that always ran when I was little, then dried up for  years...now running again.

Even more strange and bizarre is to see my bigger lake not only full but a bit out of it's banks. It's been years to see it so full/over it's banks (2004/2005(?) when we had all those hurricanes and so forth) so it is just absolutely bizarre. incredible, and wonderful to see it so full. Keep in mind that it's been nothing but a large and dirty mud puddle..(down god knows how many feet and something like 100 feet from it's banks) for years and years. Now it's clear and, again,full.

However, to say it's nice to see all of this is an understatement. Not to mention so much green grass after it being so brown for so many years.  I know the cows love it lol

Way to go!!  The rain hole is a thing of the past in ChrisTown :)  Hope you are feeling better!  Is it your back again?  Tony

Archived