12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
2nd half of April, general forecast ideas and banter

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly would welcome a cool summer. I'm tired of these infernos we've had. 

And we actually only got glanced by the big heat through the recent years... we'd get in, but then it got shunted S and we'd be back in the low 80s while it was 100 in DC.   

The problem is, when there is an established heat dome in the nation's heartland, we end up in the NW flow around the eastern periphery of the ridge.  It's good for MCS though

Camping out Saturday night in Dublin, NH...showery with lows in the 20s

Joy :axe:

Been there, done that..lol. Even some snow.

Actually, camping out in April/May is the best. No bugs and no heat. Just throw a sweatshirt on and keep the fire stoked! I love that weather. 

I like a hot summer. Each season in its glory. If summer is cool, I'll travel to a hot place to get a taste although after we drop our daughter off at sleep away camp we may drive to Montreal to spend a week. Wrong direction....lol.

Yeah I'm the same. I love a hot summer with lots of convection.

Hopefully the euro forecasts for a cooler summer are correct.

That's how I'm leaning for this summer.  When looking back at all summers (JJA) following a neutral ENSO winter on average, not only do we see a cooler than normal summer but the majority of the US does as well.  There are some exceptions, however.

JJAtempaonmaliesfollowinganeutralENSOwin

I like a hot summer. Each season in its glory. If summer is cool, I'll travel to a hot place to get a taste although after we drop our daughter off at sleep away camp we may drive to Montreal to spend a week. Wrong direction....lol.

Montreal can be sneaky torchy....they do a nice dry heat, and can often be warmer than further south/east in New England. No geographic barriers to really stop warm air from moving in on W or SW flow from the Lakes and Ohio Valley.

We listen to a lot of radio stations out of Montreal here, and I'm usually impressed with how warm their temps can be when you hear the current weather or forecast on the air.

Archived