amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2nd half of April, general forecast ideas and banter

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thunderstorms suck in New England...so wishing for them here is like wishing for big snowstorms in Atlanta. Yeah, occasionally you get some snow, but the truely great events rarely happen there...same here for convection .Unless you consider a 40 knot gust and some pea sized hail with an isolatred dime sized mixed in as a great event.

Cool summers that aren't overly rainy are the best. 2004 FTW.

Thunderstorms suck in New England...so wishing for them here is like wishing for big snowstorms in Atlanta. Yeah, occasionally you get some snow, but the truely great events rarely happen there...same here for convection .Unless you consider a 40 knot gust and some pea sized hail with an isolatred dime sized mixed in as a great event.

I'll take it.

I knew the frigid fairies and thunder downers would strike!!!!! 

I knew the frigid fairies and thunder downers would strike!!!!! 

It will be awesome tracking sub-severe thunderstorms for 8 pages on a slight risk day in early June. Can't wait for the 2 page long LSR that basically describes small branches down in a variety of ways. Now that is excitement!!!

It will be awesome tracking sub-severe thunderstorms for 8 pages on a slight risk day in early June. Can't wait for the 2 page long LSR that basically describes small branches down in a variety of ways. Now that is excitement!!!

Wiz will have hammed in half of those reports for the LSR!! lol

I mean in 2008 all we had were see texts...but we had hail like a MOFO. I remember Derry NH had 3 seperate SVR hail reports in one day! Now that's impressive.

I'm doing some research with hail at work, so I'm familiar with this event. Much of that hail was significant too, golf balls and greater.

Archived