northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
2nd half of April, general forecast ideas and banter

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I planned based on the forecasts of misery here as of late I'd be huddled under a poncho 24/7 wearing mittens with hothands.

Reality is it's been fairly nice and certainly not much worse than traditional springs here.  Gloom and doomers FTL

East winds today, waiting for the wall of scud and drizzle to move in.

FALMOUTH         DOOMY     41  37  87 E8

I'm not wrong, and it is NOT very rare.  And, I did provide data - YOUR DATA!!! When I pointed out the ORH data -- which anyone worth a salt already knows, and is why your stubbornness is frustrating.    YOU are wrong. Your own post showed ORH County has par performance with the majority of Plains counties. Your data. 

And, yes you did discount, when you made blanket statements initially, and continue along this line of stubborn refusal, in the face of your own data.  

Dude, I shouldn't have to make posts anyway with stats when it's blatantly obvious, anyway.  But you don't apparently acknowledge reality.  

You completely ignored the hail and straight line wind data I gave. If your only argument was tornado frequency, you have something to lean on, but tornadoes are just a very small fraction of overall severe wx.

Your argument is akin to saying Baltimore is a pretty snowy place since they have as many 20" snowstorms as BOS metro. Sorry, but 20" snowstorms are only a small part of snow climo like tornadoes are to severe wx. Go ahead and ignore the other mountain of data if you wish.

You completely ignored the hail and straight line wind data I gave. If your only argument was tornado frequency, you have something to lean on, but tornadoes are just a very small fraction of overall severe wx.

Your argument is akin to saying Baltimore is a pretty snowy place since they have as many 20" snowstorms as BOS metro. Sorry, but 20" snowstorms are only a small part of snow climo like tornadoes are to severe wx. Go ahead and ignore the other mountain of data if you wish.

first time in about a month I took a peek into the NE forum and I see this

thanks!   :(

first time in about a month I took a peek into the NE forum and I see this

thanks!   :(

Ha...its not a knock on Baltimore...just using the climo to illustrate a point. Ya'll can get hit hard on occassion as '09-'10 proved. We can occassionally get hit with some solid high end severe like 6/1/11...but overall we suck at hardcore convection.

Severe weather of upper caliber occurs with enough frequency in SNE not to discount summer the way you keep campaigning.  

I have many events in my own memory of personal accounts of severe weather, and many others do -- it's absurd that you continue along this tact, Will.

The real reason why you do, is because you are trying to justify your obsession with winter.   If you admit to it, then you'd have to face your compulsion.  

It is psychological -- sorry. 

I, for one, cannot wait until 35kt winds knock down a rotted maple limb. Very very interesting for sure!

Whatever guy -- you're full of crap with this statement.  

Don't jump in and blow wind on the flame because you don't get the conversation to begin with.

The point I was making is that severe happens in New England with enough frequency to maintain some interest during the summer;  THAT is what winter OCD is arguing against and he is flat f wrong, and your sarcasm is not appreciated and is rube-like. 

Severe weather of upper caliber occurs with enough frequency in SNE not to discount summer the way you keep campaigning.  

I have many events in my own memory of personal accounts of severe weather, and many others do -- it's absurd that you continue along this tact, Will.

The real reason why you do, is because you are trying to justify your obsession with winter.   If you admit to it, then you'd have to face your compulsion.  

It is psychological -- sorry. 

:lol:

Ok believe what you wish.

I even prefaced this whole argument by saying I am a fan of hardcore convection. You glossed over that part too likely due to your fetish with linking psychological issues to weather posts.

:lol:

Ok believe what you wish.

I even prefaced this whole argument by saying I am a fan of hardcore convection. You glossed over that part too likely due to your fetish with linking psychological issues to weather posts.

Dude, you obfuscate truth, and it is part of your m.o., and I'm sick and tired of it.  It's years in making and I am calling this garbage out.

"I prefaced" "I prefaced" 

SO WHAT!  more miss-direction to evade truth. 

I didn't gloss over anything, a-hole, and there is NOTHING in this course that requires I acknowledge that, because it is irrelevant to the point -- which you only think you are succeeding in evading.

Some posters made a gesture pertaining to looking forward to heat and convection;  you jumped all over them with your usual subversive trolling that tries to downplay their enthusiasm;  I made mere mention that your trolling is over the top and probably rooted in some personal psychology/baggage; you come back with pointless graphs designed to support a case you lost before typing...

I merely made the point that THERE IS ENOUGH convection in SNE to not discount that as interesting in summer;  why don't YOU acknowledge that.  

get that through your winter OCD head!

Dude, you obfuscate truth, and it is part of your m.o., and I'm sick and tired of it.  It's years in making and I am calling this garbage out.

I didn't gloss over anything, a-hole, and there is NOTHING in this course that requires I acknowledge that, because it is irrelevant to the point -- which you only think you are succeeding in evading.

Some posters made a gesture pertaining to looking forward to heat and convection;  you jumped all over them with your usual subversive trolling that tries to downplay their enthusiasm;  I made mere mention that your trolling is over the top and probably rooted in some personal psychology/baggage; you come back with pointless graphs designed to support a case you lost before typing...

I merely made the point that THERE IS ENOUGH convection in SNE to not discount that as interesting in summer;  why don't YOU acknowledge that.  

Someone needs a break from the boards...

s*** just got real lol

You have completely flown off the handle. So much for remaining civil on the forum. Why don't you take a break.

meltdown2.jpg

Archived