joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Obs/Banter

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats fine, ignore function works wonders! :)

it's kind of dumb to be talking about winter at this pt but who cares if they keep it in their thread. not sure why they have to be babies about other weather types.. most snow weenies are like your everyday person who enjoys weather and weather.com--a huge pain in the ass to talk to if you know anything more than just snow.

thats fine, ignore function works wonders! :)

it's kind of dumb to be talking about winter at this pt but who cares if they keep it in their thread. not sure why they have to be babies about other weather types.. most snow weenies are like your everyday person who enjoys weather and weather.com--a huge pain in the ass to talk to if you know anything more than just snow.

Every new thread that has been created in the last week had some mention of winter and snow. Snow weenies are the worst

Fun fact, April 2013 is going to end up warmer than April 2012 at DCA and IAD. 

We are now 9 for our last 10 on +Aprils...kind of our new norm...

It definitely seemed cooler...I think putting up a +70 over 4 days so early in the month made is not as bad....that heat sucked and sucked bad, but it was over so quickly....if you are going to do a +2 april, we did it the right way...put up your entire plus departure in a 3-day period early in the month when mid 80s/60 is a massive departure, but doesn't cause anyone to die from heat stroke....and have the rest of the month be dead normal in a month when dead normal is delightful, with the minus departures skewed toward the end of the month

Ended month with 3.44 of liquid, 2.0 of snow here. Agree with you zwyts, if we gonna run a + for April, big +'s early then lots of -'s at end of month is perfect, that way it isn't roasting! Lol at all the snow discussion, and wow out in high plains!

EDIT-

And LOL at my ob, I can always tell when vis is under 1/8 mile up at airport, they always go to a snow ob if its below 50!

Tis, and grateful for it, but no severe in sight - even LWX made note of that.

Yeah we are prob cooked thru at least mid may. June and July are our biggest storm months tho so not like we are missing out on a ton thus far.

You really can't beat the forecast. Low- to mid-70s for highs and mid-40s to low-50s for lows with mostly clear conditions.

It seems like some people were hoping for glomy cool conditions this week. I'm glad it didn't pan out.

Yeah I'll take this over yesterday. :P

Archived