Newest Member
    joxey
The March 25-March 32 HECS potential

Ji

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna say the Euro will be right.   I know, I know....large leap of faith

7 days is a long way off. not sure when everyone started having so much faith in getting a clear picture at this range.

ric barely gets scraped. With the gfs tossing around an ohv redevelop idea I like having the euro stick with it's southern solutions. GFS led the way with the debacle at this range. time will tell

plenty of time for it to bump precip north so we think we have a chance when we don't.

Might as well. Nothing to lose and its our final hurrah. One good thing about chasing models into Late March is it feels like a longer winter and when the pattern breaks, it could be mid April with only 2 months till we start losing daylite time again.

Initial thoughts...

Historic event coming up.  1942 type storm

DCA 8

IAD 12

JYO 16

Linden 62

http://www.wjla.com/pictures/2013/03/photos-vintage-d-c-snowstorms/logan-circle-snow-in-march-1942-30067-2049.html

Oh Ji you're such a weenie.

Whatever we get, March '42 with its 22" in Baltimore will be really hard to beat.

I'm all in with the believers.  It's been so cold the last couple of weeks - may as well get something fun out of this pattern before climo really makes it an impossible situation. A nice little 3-6" event, with some good precip rates would be just fine.  And as remote a chance as it may be, the possibility of something is at least on the table.

plenty of time for it to bump precip north so we think we have a chance when we don't.

pretty much. but I know how you view these h5 setups and I share similar thoughts. It may be a big bustola but you should never go to sleep on it. 

imo- 12z euro is a big step towards the gfs @ h5. vort briefly closes off over tx panhandle. It just opens back up through the se. trough has a nice neutral look but it gets shoved ots again under strong confluence over NE. 

I was just about to ask...there's a storm after that one?

Only 10 days away!!!

It's pretty sweet too. Big bowling ball over tn/ky that is poised to track right over head. Looks like a big batch of waa snow and then extrapolated wallop with the ull energy. 

I just bundled all my all ins from the entire season and put them into one big f'n bag of ALL IN. 

As someone who has been known to trot out the gfs ens members, I have to say the consistency overall of the solutions at 156 is impressive.

All jokes aside, the gfs schooled the euro at this range with snowlessaddernquester. It just blew it at the end. At this range with that storm the euro was still taking it off the coast of cuba 

I just looked at GFS... this is unadulterated nonsense.  I have never seen so much model snow in my life... why are they doing this to us?  Why?  I need to work this week... I need to get stuff done.. I can't take this anymore.  

Archived