• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The March 25-March 32 HECS potential

Ji

All jokes aside, the gfs schooled the euro at this range with snowlessaddernquester. It just blew it at the end. At this range with that storm the euro was still taking it off the coast of cuba 

I think at this timeline it was actually the opposite.  I recall the GFS had a snowstorm for Myrtle Beach at 150 hours out while the Euro was showing a NC/VA hit.  The they both adjusted north in between day 4-5 into relative agreement.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think at this timeline it was actually the opposite. I recall the GFS had a snowstorm for Myrtle Beach at 150 hours out while the Euro was showing a NC/VA hit. The they both adjusted north in between day 4-5 into relative agreement.

I think you both may be right. Seems they both had a pretty far south solution, and the GFS first started the north solution with the Euro stubbornly clinging to its suppressed solution. I could be wrong but that's my memory of it.

I think you both may be right. Seems they both had a pretty far south solution, and the GFS first started the north solution with the Euro stubbornly clinging to its suppressed solution. I could be wrong but that's my memory of it.

you guys are right. My memory is failing me. 

This setup is different anyway. There is no nasty closed ull in the upper midwest this time. It digs through the rockies and doesn't close until tx-ok area. Which is actually much better for us anyways. March 6th was a very anomalous type of storm. Having the ull pass below us on a track like takes a pretty sick blocking setup to the N. 

The euro and gfs moved closer together today @ h5. It was nice seeing the euro have a closed low over the tx panhandle even though it went too far underneath. Heck, we can't even rule out a full blown cutter at this point. 

It's pretty sweet too. Big bowling ball over tn/ky that is poised to track right over head. Looks like a big batch of waa snow and then extrapolated wallop with the ull energy. 

I just bundled all my all ins from the entire season and put them into one big f'n bag of ALL IN. 

Great!   2 more inches and I break my model snow record.

MDstorm

pretty much. but I know how you view these h5 setups and I share similar thoughts. It may be a big bustola but you should never go to sleep on it. 

imo- 12z euro is a big step towards the gfs @ h5. vort briefly closes off over tx panhandle. It just opens back up through the se. trough has a nice neutral look but it gets shoved ots again under strong confluence over NE. 

yeah the ultimate positioning by like 168 is a good one historically tho now i feel like i need to go back and look more at how they enter the region. not sure it's as good when they push in from such a far north starting point. i also wouldn't be surprised to see it come further north.. tho the euro so far south guess we don't need to worry about that too much yet. 

my guess re: the euro is that there won't be two blockbuster storms in such proximity.

Decent or crappy precip?

.5"+ liquid up 95. looks like a late season event with elevation and new england favored. the low is east of usual for good in those spots but im guessing there are some west of the mean.

yeah the ultimate positioning by like 168 is a good one historically tho now i feel like i need to go back and look more at how they enter the region. not sure it's as good when they push in from such a far north starting point. i also wouldn't be surprised to see it come further north.. tho the euro so far south guess we don't need to worry about that too much yet. 

my guess re: the euro is that there won't be two blockbuster storms in such proximity.

The part that makes it easy with this is being so late in the year. If things get all munged up in the next 4 days or so at least we don't have to worry about chasing scraps. Easy to write off unless it goes down just right. 

Overnight hit on the Euro like GFS? I think that just as important as 950's and wind direction this time of year!!

the peak is probably mon night tho not sure it matters on timing at this pt

I guess you could call last night a confidence builder of sorts. It "can" be below freezing and snow at the same time even in the second half of march.  It's not like it was some arctic hp pushing crazy below normal temps in here. Overall it was a pedestrian cold front with good cold in the source region.

One thing the euro/gfs do agree on is some pretty cold stuff in here on the weekend. In the 30's saturday from what I can tell and pretty far down into the 20's near the cities at night. 

this all sounds so familiar

the gfs is cracked out. no way we're getting 1'+ in the coastal plain. if it happens i'll never post here again.

this will be an elevation event if it comes together IMO. we might get some snow but doubtful we get much around DC/Balt. no need to watch it play out over 7 days.. i'd take that bet now with anyone who wants to go head to head.

the gfs is cracked out. no way we're getting 1'+ in the coastal plain. if it happens i'll never post here again.

this will be an elevation event if it comes together IMO. we might get some snow but doubtful we get much around DC/Balt. no need to watch it play out over 7 days.. i'd take that bet now with anyone who wants to go head to head.

anyone willing to make that bet doesn't earn enough money while in high school to make it worth your while

Why, last time the AO was -5 was Feb 2010...You guys have taken it on the chin many times the past 3 years, that may change next Sunday/Monday.

anyone willing to make that bet doesn't earn enough money while in high school to make it worth your while

It's fun to play around and have a good time but the conversation here recently has been a bit overboard on the "positive" side. I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to take most people seriously or not anymore in a majority of their posts.

On the flip side it's still in fantasy range when it comes to details and crazy **** does happen every now and then.  I'll give it about a 5% chance of being exciting snowwise IMBY, which is higher than climo. ;)

Why, last time the AO was -5 was Feb 2010...You guys have taken it on the chin many times the past 3 years, that may change next Sunday/Monday.

It may but anyone going there is simply wishcasting at this point.

It's fun to play around and have a good time but the conversation here recently has been a bit overboard on the "positive" side. I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to take most people seriously or not anymore in a majority of their posts.

On the flip side it's still in fantasy range when it comes to details and crazy **** does happen every now and then.  I'll give it about a 5% chance of being exciting snowwise IMBY, which is higher than climo. ;)

I see the weenies are breaking you down, stay strong ;) .

I see the weenies are breaking you down, stay strong ;) .

fortunately for you all im falling deeper into tornadoes by this time of year.. except there are no current ones to follow.. so my debness will be limited.

fortunately for you all im falling deeper into tornadoes by this time of year.. except there are no current ones to follow.. so my debness will be limited.

That's great news, now you can cry with us when the models are showing 4-8" next Sunday and we get 1" on grassy surfaces.

How often does a storm in Illinois transfer to Ohio? Throw it out. It's the 18z.

I think the bigger question is how often does it transfer from IL to OH and then again to VA Beach? 

I think it's safe to say that a solution that shows a re-developer that re-develops a second time probably won't end up verifying. Although SNE gets hit pretty good so it verify. 

I think the bigger question is how often does it transfer from IL to OH and then again to VA Beach? 

I think it's safe to say that a solution that shows a re-developer that re-develops a second time probably won't end up verifying. Although SNE gets hit pretty good so it verify. 

April 3rd looks pretty solid

Good point.I made the post before the second transfer. But looking at the 500, the 12z had that big vort moving thru southern Virginia and the 18z now has basically the same path but it's a series of smaller vorts. Have no idea of the significance.

Archived