Newest Member
    joxey
February 25-27 Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Storm cancel.

New idea though. Maybe we can get NWS or TV mets to come in here and do pre and post game/storm news conferences...like sports, only weather. Talked about what worked, what went wrong, which model was awful *cough*NAM*cough*, etc etc. The possibilities are endless. :D

Storm cancel.

New idea though. Maybe we can get NWS or TV mets to come in here and do pre and post game/storm news conferences...like sports, only weather. Talked about what worked, what went wrong, which model was awful *cough*NAM*cough*, etc etc. The possibilities are endless. :D

"They are you we thought were. If you wanna crown the EURO, then crown their ass!"

Joe, I see you extended wisconsinwxweenie's title date to the 27th. Actually could see some light backlash snows out this way all the way through Thursday night-Friday. Probably my best chance at any accumulation.

I'll probably add more dates eventually...wanted to limit any transition confusion for now.

No idea what will happen, but if all goes "as planned", this is ripe for one of those storms that come Wed night some may think it "busted" when it really didn't. This is not going to be the snowfall that we have been accustomed to this winter in SE MI. More snow will fall than will be on your pavement (see grass/old snowpack). Also, though the heaviest thump will be Tues afternoon/night, precip will not cease until Wed night probably. In this time, in addition to compaction, melting, possible rain, and surface temps inching a few degrees above freezing. From Tues afternoon through Wed night, 6-hourly obs (unless you need to measure if it changes to rain) may add up to something like 9" but you will only have 5-6" depth. Not making any calls or anything, just want to give a heads up on the situation.

Not thinking we will see any ice?

Maybe a little? Looks like temps go quickly above freezing after the initial onset of precipitation (using the Euro as a guide).

And reason I went T of snow for LAF, is because temps never drop below freezing, let alone to freezing with the backlash crap. Ain't accumulating anything with temps in the mid 30's.

Good idea.  Btw, I enjoyed reading Gino's discussion of why LOT decided what they did, and thought he made some very good points.

I agree. Good discussion. Gives us a different perspective on his thoughts, while making it easier for us to understand why he waited... Sounds to me like he was on the fence, and it wasn't until IWX/GRR/DTX decided to go with a watch quite abruptly, that it was too late to go back and issue one.

Had I been in his shoes I probably would have done the same. Collaboration doesn't sound like it was too solid, which isn't a surprise to me with these "border-line" temperatures.

No idea what will happen, but if all goes "as planned", this is ripe for one of those storms that come Wed night some may think it "busted" when it really didn't. This is not going to be the snowfall that we have been accustomed to this winter in SE MI. More snow will fall than will be on your pavement (see grass/old snowpack). Also, though the heaviest thump will be Tues afternoon/night, precip will not cease until Wed night probably. In this time, in addition to compaction, melting, possible rain, and surface temps inching a few degrees above freezing. From Tues afternoon through Wed night, 6-hourly obs (unless you need to measure if it changes to rain) may add up to something like 9" but you will only have 5-6" depth. Not making any calls or anything, just want to give a heads up on the situation.

Only crying about bust you will be hearing from this one is about their busted backs from shoveling the heavy wet snow.

Archived