joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 25-27 Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only crying about bust you will be hearing from this one is about their busted backs from shoveling the heavy wet snow.

And how. I think people are getting tired of shoveling anyway, and IF this goes well this will by far be the most exerting shovel job of the winter. Even though the 2-3" fluffy snows have been plentiful, i do not tire of shoveling snow. Then the other day when I had to shovel 3" of sand I was like, woah. Not easy when theres a lot more water content. Only Dec 26 took me longer to shovel this year. If we do get a ton of heart attack snow, it will indeed be a chore! (but one that I welcome).

And how. I think people are getting tired of shoveling anyway, and IF this goes well this will by far be the most exerting shovel job of the winter. Even though the 2-3" fluffy snows have been plentiful, i do not tire of shoveling snow. Then the other day when I had to shovel 3" of sand I was like, woah. Not easy when theres a lot more water content. Only Dec 26 took me longer to shovel this year. If we do get a ton of heart attack snow, it will indeed be a chore! (but one that I welcome).

That's why, like you, I prefer the fluffier snows, for one thing, they produce more textbook blizzard conditions, and as an added bonus, are easier to shovel.  Also, temps are not an issue in those situations, and I have to welcome that as well.

Accuweather forums are aware of Izzy's decision but someone noted at 7:30, that a met from LOT night shift is talking about the storm definitely bringing ~6" snows and it will be a high impact event. Interesting internal forecasting conflicts with LOT. This storm is a hair puller.

Izzi*

No updated discussion or new SPS text so idk where that's coming from.

I actually like shoveling too, probably because I'm young and in shape. In 20 years, I'll probably hate myself for saying that. :)

lol at the DTX gap. Another advisory snow that either wasnt given one or didnt have one til  late. We had 4.5" on Dec 16/17, then 8.2" on Dec 19.

That was such a fun week of snow, too bad it was a slushy mess on Christmas.

Archived