gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Early March threats - Mar 1st-8th Period

free_man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theres prolly a better shot of us hoping that energy over the nh/vt/ Candadian border @ 144 trends South than our storm trends 500 miles north.

is this the N stream energy that was formerly being phased yesterday by the gfs and earlier runs of the euro or is this separate energry?

Sounds only marginally north....

I know it's hopeless here, but the addiction doesn't allow me to stop checking model runs.

Yup, I'll stay interested through tomorrow but we really needed a more solid N trend today.  Nothing more boring than  climo slow melt week.

5 days of clouds have limited damage here but the sand is running through the hourglass...

They are probably setting up for a letdown in the lower elevations of the DC area, etc, especially what falls during the daytime. 

Probably a big event for the mpuntains.

theres prolly a better shot of us hoping that energy over the nh/vt/ Candadian border @ 144 trends South than our storm trends 500 miles north.

is this the N stream energy that was formerly being phased yesterday by the gfs and earlier runs of the euro or is this separate energry?

Still all white here anyway. I'm gonna do my 4 mile snow shoe loop since this could be the last weekend, unless we get a solid snowstorm.

Yup, I'll stay interested through tomorrow but we really needed a more solid N trend today.  Nothing more boring than  climo slow melt week.

5 days of clouds have limited damage here but the sand is running through the hourglass...

Still all white here anyway. I'm gonna do my 4 mile snow shoe loop since this could be the last weekend, unless we get a solid snowstorm.

Yeah, still lots of snow here but fields and S facing areas are going bare.  Snow pack drops off considerably just S of here though.  Not much left in the Pioneer Valley S of Deerfield.

I have 2 feet on the ground so it may take me an extra week up here!  I had friends from West Roxbury that left this AM to visit us and could not believe the difference in snow depth/cover over the 100 mile drive.

Yeah you're in a different climate zone and not in the city which makes a difference.

All I have to do is drive 4 miles east and 500 feet lower and there is only a little here and there in the woods. Zilch in greater Albany and the ground in the park down by the state capitol doesn't even feel like it has frost in it.  I'd say we have good frost in it anyway after the cold wx with limited snowcover this winter.

Yeah, still lots of snow here but fields and S facing areas are going bare.  Snow pack drops off considerably just S of here though.  Not much left in the Pioneer Valley S of Deerfield.

Until the flies arrive....you have a second good hiking season in say later March to early May. Then I largely quit the mountains till latter August because I hate buggy humid sweaty hikes.  Then the  best  season then from Sept - Nov.

Also, unlike most, I like when the snow is gone. It opens up many more walking choices.

If we see more n stream try to phase in then it could get more interesting again. However the block has always made suppression the larger threat in this as mentioned the last couple days.

Euro moved that northern stream system about 500-700 miles sw this run vs the 0z. I don't expect we will have a solid picture until later Sunday evening.

Does anyone else understand by some mets like DT are hyping the sh*t out of this storm for VA/MD/DC?

Do they not realize its 3/7 in the lower mid Atlantic with verbatim peak snowfall rates between 12-18z? Even with dynamic cooling I can't see heavy amounts outside of elevated areas of VA and MD...

Sorry, end of rant.

Does anyone else understand by some mets like DT are hyping the sh*t out of this storm for VA/MD/DC?

Do they not realize its 3/7 in the lower mid Atlantic with verbatim peak snowfall rates between 12-18z? Even with dynamic cooling I can't see heavy amounts outside of elevated areas of VA and MD...

Sorry, end of rant.

Because a snow event is effecting his hometown. He always does that.

Archived