Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early March threats - Mar 1st-8th Period

free_man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole winter was bootleg except for one late developer that crushed SNE.

so what that spells is that ....unless the PNA rebuilds in the next cpl days......the CP of SNE wouldn't have much available cold in the upcoming pattern anyway...more bootleg cold pattern en route. interior pattern it would appear just minus storms ATM

so what that spells is that ....unless the PNA rebuilds in the next cpl days......the CP of SNE wouldn't have much available cold in the upcoming pattern anyway...more bootleg cold pattern en route. interior pattern it would appear just minus storms ATM

We are weeks away from mower weather.   This is a great time to get some lime down on the lawns near the coast.  I may also do some spot treatment of moss in the next few days. 

Blades will be sharpened, plugs and oil changed in the coming weeks.  Shovels will be hanging from the rafters, along with potentially a few weenies that were expecting a big March.

The whole winter was bootleg except for one late developer that crushed SNE.

yep and for some that dec 29 was pretty hot as well but i generally couldnt agree more and frankly even the event you just cashed in on wasn't extraordinary and frankly i thought you guys up that way would have done better..

I really enjoyed this winter 55 and counting and had lots more fun than last. Got to go ice fishing too. Very happy, how much fun was that blizzard. DEC 29 was very special and skiing has been super and getting better.

It was an awesome winter, the blizzard left me wanting more, who knows maybe a march surprise, if not no complaints at all!

Retro 4-6 for Maniacs?

Retro upslope... really nice pattern for ski country.  Northern Greens about to clean up.  The Mansfield hourly weather graph from BTV has over a foot of snowfall by Sunday evening.

Friday: Snow showers likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 26. North wind 14 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 18. North wind 15 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 25. North wind around 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 21. North wind 13 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow showers likely, mainly before 9am. Cloudy, with a high near 23. North wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Retro upslope... really nice pattern for ski country.  Northern Greens about to clean up.

attachicon.gifupslope.png

Friday: Snow showers likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 26. North wind 14 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 18. North wind 15 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 25. North wind around 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 21. North wind 13 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow showers likely, mainly before 9am. Cloudy, with a high near 23. North wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Yea thats a great pattern for ski areas, picture perfect

Retro 4-6 for Maniacs?

Retro upslope... really nice pattern for ski country. Northern Greens about to clean up. The Mansfield hourly weather graph from BTV has over a foot of snowfall by Sunday evening.

How would the greens upslope in a retro pattern with NNE flow surface and aloft? East slopes?

Yea thats a great pattern for ski areas, picture perfect

When you heading to the Rivah?

You usually do a week in March, right?  Everyone looks to be in great shape right now.  Not the biggest snowfall year by any means (even a little below normal), but no thaws recently and several snowstorms since the last thaw...it all equals great skiing everywhere heading into March.  Should be a great spring skiing season as long as we can avoid a week of 80s like last year, lol.

How would the greens upslope in a retro pattern with NNE flow surface and aloft? East slopes?

I was looking at that actually.  That's not an ideal flow but actually to me this set-up almost screams Burlington surprise.  That retro storm on Jan 1-3, 2010 brought BTV over 36" in 3 days and is the largest snowstorm on record, while the mountains only got a foot or so.

What ends up happening is a NE flow aloft but NNW flow at the surface as that air is funneled into the Champlain Valley.  Then you get moisture advecting in from the northeast, combined with Champlain Valley convergence, and usually a strong blocking signature as there usually seems to be some veering with height in these retro-storms... it all could spell enhanced snowfall in the Champlain Valley or at least the VT side of the lake.  Though if its really NE flow, the eastern Adirondacks could get hit, too.

Going to be interesting to see unfold.

It always snows in N VT..no matter what the flow it always upslopes. Pics in every thread proves it

lol you get grumpy and salty if it doesn't snow.  I still don't get your fascination with the pics in an observations thread.  I'd rather just post photos to give obs... better than trying to interpret when people say "its ripping" under 15dbz on radar.

I'm excited for the weeks ahead. Wintry appeal is abundant.

it's going to be a race... As of March 1st, you are on the steepest part of the seasonal inflection, along the rising curve toward summer... For the next 60 days you are on the space shuttle.  I have seen countless "great patterns" offered on March 1st just get unraveled by the hemisphere up and deciding the relax the flow and shorten all the wave length rather abruptly at some point during the month - some years, it waits until April.   1993 wasn't one of them - haha

Archived