Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early March threats - Mar 1st-8th Period

free_man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no sign of a warmup later in the month either...at least not yet. The weeklies were pretty cold. CFS weeklies show a relaxation after Mar 20th but not a blowtorch.

Analogs suggest we keep the blocking aorund at least until near the equinox...but possibly later than that.

I figured Snowman 21 would pull some stat out saying it's never happened

ITs reall yhard since avg highs by the end of the month even at ORH are in the 47-48F range. Even March 1960 couldn't pull it off with 4 highs of 52F, 5F, 52F, and 54F to close the month from Mar 28-31...andthat was one ofthe coldest Marches on record. But as said before, 2001 did manage to pull it off....1960 was sick in that we didnt get a high of 40F until March 18th and didnt break freezing until March 12th.

Lol no just playing Scooter like he did before the blizzard, he Mehed me two times in the week before it. Pattern looks good, let's do this and lol at those analogs, but that frigging 2010! keeps popping up along side 93,60

The blocking is similar to 2010 but the airmass is a lot better...so don't read too much into the 2010 analog....we have much better cross polar flow into the US than that year. The airmasses will inherently be marginal often in March, but 2010 was beyond stale even for March. It was a great pattern though sans airmass....remember your Sultan Storm mid-month barely missed being a monster snow bomb for the interior...try that setup again this year and see if we get rain out of it at 1000 feet....fat chance

The blocking is similar to 2010 but the airmass is a lot better...so don't read too much into the 2010 analog....we have much better cross polar flow into the US than that year. The airmasses will inherently be marginal often in March, but 2010 was beyond stale even for March. It was a great pattern though sans airmass....remember your Sultan Storm mid-month barely missed being a monster snow bomb for the interior...try that setup again this year and see if we get rain out of it at 1000 feet....fat chance

Did you see the world record -93 set in Siberia? cross polar and a 2010 block looks sweet, let's spray some refreshener to get rid of Jerry Elephant farts, it reeks.

Did you see the world record -93 set in Siberia? cross polar and a 2010 block looks sweet, let's spray some refreshener to get rid of Jerry Elephant farts, it reeks.

No, link?

And yes, the elephant will be flushed out over the next few days. Not to be confused with 40F highs in early March sun, but just aloft it will be pretty cold unlike 2010.

Has the WMO verified the possible Northern Hemisphere record? I didn't see or hear of any press releases, but the site leaves much to be desired. When it comes to concrete data, the WMO is really quite opaque.

Has the WMO verified the possible Northern Hemisphere record? I didn't see or hear of any press releases, but the site leaves much to be desired. When it comes to concrete data, the WMO is really quite opaque.

Apparently the record was -96F set on Feb 19th but it hasn't been confirmed by WMO that I can find

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-record-low-temperature-for-northern-hemisphere-set-russia-s-siberia

not for nothing, ever think why there was not more press on this....hmmmmm

March 1-3rd event looks like its out to sea right now, could come further northward, but models currently have it out to sea as trough digs into the central GOM and then heads ENEward out to sea as confluence sets up northeast of the disturbance in question.  This looks like a no brainer, although i will continue to monitor latest model updates.  The second storm is for the March 6-8th period which looks like a coastal bomb, but is a mid Atlantic special currently but trends could bring this threat further to the northeast with time.  The supposed blocking pattern shifts eastward on models and thats why we have two storms back to back out to sea currently.  TIme for a lot to change, and I'm sure it will.

March 1-3rd event looks like its out to sea right now, could come further northward, but models currently have it out to sea as trough digs into the central GOM and then heads ENEward out to sea as confluence sets up northeast of the disturbance in question.  This looks like a no brainer, although i will continue to monitor latest model updates.  The second storm is for the March 6-8th period which looks like a coastal bomb, but is a mid Atlantic special currently but trends could bring this threat further to the northeast with time.  The supposed blocking pattern shifts eastward on models and thats why we have two storms back to back out to sea currently.  TIme for a lot to change, and I'm sure it will.

I think Cape Cod, MA is in the bullseye.

not for nothing, ever think why there was not more press on this....hmmmmm

Because a Mini Ice Age is coming, or at least a major cool down. I've been looking into this for a few months now. There is some very interesting stuff some people are putting out there about it. Seen some  talk about a soon as this year we  start to see a cool down all the way to 2015 that it starts. The main guy that I was following pulled all of his videos on this along with the pole shift videos  that he's been reporting on , which is going on right now.

Because a Mini Ice Age is coming, or at least a major cool down. I've been looking into this for a few months now. There is some very interesting stuff some people are putting out there about it. Seen some  talk about a soon as this year we  start to see a cool down all the way to 2015 that it starts. The main guy that I was following pulled all of his videos on this along with the pole shift videos  that he's been reporting on , which is going on right now.

:facepalm:

Archived