Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early March threats - Mar 1st-8th Period

free_man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty soon we're going to see long range threads spanning into spring/summer for snow threats.  With all these threads and posts about how the upcoming pattern has "potential" you'd think everyone in SNE would average at least 70'' of snow.  

Yeah having a favorable snow pattern for New England is unheard of in early March...how could we possibly talk about that seriously?

Haha it happens, especially with a low elevation/cp rainer strolling up the coast. If we get signs of a more egalitarian snow storm spirits will skyrocket.

I don 't see a reason to be a Debbie from here on out, unless it's just in your blood. I wouldn't expect a 40" March, but I don't have any complaints looking at things right now.

I don 't see a reason to be a Debbie from here on out, unless it's just in your blood. I wouldn't expect a 40" March, but I don't have any complaints looking at things right now.

We're entering the 'limbo stage' of the winter.  Obviously I'll take another snowstorm, but other times I look forward to the first 65F+ sunny afternoon.

Yeah having a favorable snow pattern for New England is unheard of in early March...how could we possibly talk about that seriously?

There's always a new thread or posts about how some upcoming period looks favorable but very rarely, does anything really seem to happen.  We got that historic blizzard this year but besides that, Jan of 2011, and 2007-2008 winters/snowfall have been pretty meh around here for nearly the past decade.  Without that blizzard this year this area is looking at just about half the yearly snowfall total and March's haven't been too kind around here as of late.  

There's always a new thread or posts about how some upcoming period looks favorable but very rarely, does anything really seem to happen.  We got that historic blizzard this year but besides that, Jan of 2011, and 2007-2008 winters/snowfall have been pretty meh around here for nearly the past decade.  Without that blizzard this year this area is looking at just about half the yearly snowfall total and March's haven't been too kind around here as of late.  

:weenie:   :weenie:  :weenie:

Where do I begin. There is a reason why we had the blizzard too. Yes January didn't work out, but there was a reason why big years were on the analog 500mb packages...because a pattern like that has produced more than 50% of the time. Sit back and strap on the oversized Red Sox sweat shirt..you'll need it.

:weenie:   :weenie:   :weenie:

Where do I begin. There is a reason why we had the blizzard too. Yes January didn't work out, but there was a reason why big years were on the analog 500mb packages...because a pattern like that has produced more than 50% of the time. Sit back and strap on the oversized Red Sox sweat shirt..you'll need it.

I see my trolling is working :)  

I hate to troll but I've just had myself under major pressure lately and for some reason just letting off some steam with some trolling makes for some relief...not sure why but it does.  Also why I haven't been posting much.  

I see my trolling is working :)

I hate to troll but I've just had myself under major pressure lately and for some reason just letting off some steam with some trolling makes for some relief...not sure why but it does.  Also why I haven't been posting much.  

Classes are important. Keep that always ahead of you...like a carrot leading the donkey.

Classes are important. Keep that always ahead of you...like a carrot leading the donkey.

I'm actually really scared.  I'm having so much issues with math now and I shouldn't be.  All I've been doing is reading the book and taking notes but I've realized that isn't helping.  Everything in the book is just so basic and easy to understand...same with the online program we had to pay to use. once I finish this semester, this summer I'm going to get my calc book and teach myself this stuff before I start classes this fall.  

I don't really care how much it snows at 1000 feet in Worcester or up north, that's not being a downer. The lack of posts overall reflect the shift towards the north, it's their turn (number of posts are about half the previous system). I'm happy for all of those areas but that's not boston or providence or here. Are we really breaking new ground here with snow in those areas in late February and March? Some of you guys are acting like you just discovered the atom.

Wake me up when it's snowy in the CP again. We had a great week or two, back to fighting the cruddy boundary layer sandwiched between offshore systems JMHO.

Great times in CNE and NNE though, and I'm happy for them just not sure that we are "winning" in the CP

Well not every storm will be snowy and this was well modeled. I think the next threat will be near the 7th. It's impossible to say what event favors what areas this far out so I'm speaking for SNE as a whole not just the CP.

200 post thread incoming from messenger on an ACK scraper in early March....

All kidding aside, yeah it was pretty well modeled that the 2/27 system was going to be messy. We actually said that over a week out that it would be tough for much snow out of it in SNE...perhaps the hilltowns could get a bit.

If we are going to get a more widespread snowstorm in SNE including the CP, the type of pattern coming up is what you would like to see. Obviously no guarantees as you said, but there's no 64F days to talk about unfortunately, so most of us are going to talk about snow potential because that is what the pattern favors over the next 10-12 days in terms of any interesting weather.

200 post thread incoming from messenger on an ACK scraper in early March....

All kidding aside, yeah it was pretty well modeled that the 2/27 system was going to be messy. We actually said that over a week out that it would be tough for much snow out of it in SNE...perhaps the hilltowns could get a bit.

If we are going to get a more widespread snowstorm in SNE including the CP, the type of pattern coming up is what you would like to see. Obviously no guarantees as you said, but there's no 64F days to talk about unfortunately, so most of us are going to talk about snow potential because that is what the pattern favors over the next 10-12 days in terms of any interesting weather.

Exactly. I feel very confident in saying warm weather is not even close to making an appearance anytime soon. If anything the pattern gets better on the euro ensembles.

I got more snow from the scrapers than many in SNE are going to get from the 50 page thread running right now. 

It's not just me, look at the last system a few days ago with almost 100 pages of posts, this one is starting already and it's struggling at 50.  There's a reason for that....

I think it's kind of expected that CNE and NNE do well in March, better than southern areas.  That's what's happening now.  Of course you guys will talk about it, that's why we are all here, I'm just saying....let's see what shakes in the CP.

I don't think it's being a downer to point out we're having trouble getting accurate forecasts from guidance inside of 24 hours, nevermind a week or so from now.  I realize the overall pattern is different vs meso features, but still. 

Archived