Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early March threats - Mar 1st-8th Period

free_man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never you mind.  If the Euro shows us getting destroyed as it currently does, the storm is a lock for you all.   Enjoy and take pics.   I might even actually get to chase this time. 

LOL, that was a jab for Kevin because he told the NNE people they would be out of luck. Oops. Don't worry, ensembles are offshore.

Idk about epic, but favorable. Temps have to be in place for things to spark for the NE. Just take today as an example, similar pattern but yet mostly everyone is getting rained on. Winter definitely isn't over yet though.

You have to understand weenies. They automatically think epic and when they don't get continuous blizzards..it's a fail. Travesty.

Here's my prediction for winter 2014.

The period from December 1 to March 31st will be favorable for periods of snow, cold outbreaks and perhaps a major storm or two.  This is based on analogs, the predicted MJO on D 180 of the longest range JMA,  sun spots on the back of my hands, three squirrels I just saw stocking up at market basket, and Al Gore.

I think I can take credit now if it snows sometime next winter, but this isn't a forecast if it's warm and sunny.

Did you see what I wrote next dummy?

Easy chief.

Yeah we still have plenty of time. It's March so obviously we need to more things to go right, but this pattern is nowhere near a Spring pattern and closer to a wintry pattern...so the choice for me is simple.

This is not an epic pattern or close to perfect, but if we are going to get snow...this pattern can support it.

Easy chief.

Yeah we still have plenty of time. It's March so obviously we need to more things to go right, but this pattern is nowhere near a Spring pattern and closer to a wintry pattern...so the choice for me is simple.

This is not an epic pattern or close to perfect, but if we are going to get snow...this pattern can support it.

yeah let's hope.  Thanks for all the work you guys have done analyzing the pattern.  It's cool stuff.

yeah let's hope.  Thanks for all the work you guys have done analyzing the pattern.  It's cool stuff.

No need to thank, but appreciate it. If there is one thing I want people to take from all those discos..it's just that we are talking long range and it doesn't always work out the way we hope. At the same time, there are reasons why analogs are spitting out some awesome years. They aren't created by Powderfreak...they are a comparison to H5 patterns in the past.

Archived